Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

|You lazy beggars (typo)

thisoldman
Grafter

|You lazy beggars (typo)

I notice that many many posts here get very very few replies. ;
The average appears to be around 2% of posts.
This must be very disheartening to the posters. Could we all try harder to encourage people by posting a reply. After all the poster has gone to the trouble of posting,,so the least we can do is to acknowledge their efforts.
If this poor reply trend continues there is the very real danger posters wont be bothered anymore and that would be a sad sad day.
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: |You lazy beggars (typo)

I can appreciate the sentiments but there are just some topics which people don't feel qualified to post for some technical matters and you'd risk loosing the true issue in amongst the fluff Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and some that are just for info, and the poster (Me) doesnt expect a reply, but I do look at the stats to see how many have looked
N/A

Well, I'm not replying much 'cos I'm 'avin a paddy.  Angry
I have been practicing forum graphics recently (bb code etc) to liven up my own forum and used one here in my signature to see if it worked (bear in mind that I am a complete newbie to all of this).
It was just a countdown banner and as one of the few lady posters it was a bit of fun. It was self-limiting i.e. would have been removed by the weekend but have been asked to reduce it (which I can't).
I don't often embellish my posts, even with an avatar so I am a bit miffed. Slightly petty IMO, especially as it was not that big and would have been gone by Sunday anyway.
Hope that I am not hijacking the thread, and I know that 'rules is rules' but it seemed relevant and wanted to have my say - will now shut up.  Lips are sealed

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Can't see how you'd hi-jack your own thread poppy. I always thought freedom of speech and the option to off-topic was almost a prerequisite of chit-chat, well I would wouldn't I...but I have to agree, that some threads don't get very far these days.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

poppy,
You could have replied to my PM asking you to reduce it, you know. I also offered to assist you in making it fit within the size constraints, and that offer still stands.
As you say, rules are rules. If we allow one person to go over, then other people might think they're entitled to too. And before long, you end up with a forum blanketed in mile-high signatures. Undecided
greyposter
Grafter

Good idea and I'm as guilty as anyone.
thisoldman
Grafter

encouraging Wink    on this entire page  4354 views and 274 replies.!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: thisoldman
I notice that many many posts here get very very few replies. ;
The average appears to be around 2% of posts.
This must be very disheartening to the posters. Could we all try harder to encourage people by posting a reply. After all the poster has gone to the trouble of posting,,so the least we can do is to acknowledge their efforts.

If this poor reply trend continues there is the very real danger posters wont be bothered anymore
and that would be a sad sad day.

seem to recall a certain post about feeding ducks rather recently....... perhaps this request for more active posting would have helped that along the way...... Cheesy
johpal
Grafter

Then of course, there are those you instinctively know you want to avoid. In another thread, concerning the physics of ADSL, IMO, an awful lot of abuse has been bandied about!
Lurker
Grafter

Yeah, but all in a good natured way. Cheesy
Remember:
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning a stupidity contest - you may win, but you are still stupid. Tongue
Wanna argue against that statement? Or would you rather accept that I am stupid?
I accept it and have moved on - that's what everybody else needs to do.
Its just the interwebs - enjoy it, but don't take it too seriously. Smiley
scootie
Grafter

i like the arguments as they shout out loud on my 37inch lcd  Smiley
Teds31
Grafter

there are also such as myself who dont have a lot of techy knowledge and still come to read the posts every day,perhaps in the vain hope that some knowledge may rub off. Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is that old saying, a person who thinks they know every thing, know nufin  ( now where do I go and post that)
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter

seem to recall a certain post about feeding ducks rather recently....... perhaps this request for more active posting would have helped that along the way...... Cheesy

Ducks - did we have a thread on ducks Roll eyes Roll eyes