cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have got to be kidding me...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

You have got to be kidding me...

Ok.. so I was once known as Sprite as it was my favourite fizzy drink. Those bar stewards decided to change their recipe to taste of nothing more than chemicals and fizz - all apparently in the name of the governments anti sugar drive.
So I changed to drinking 7up which appeared to be unaffected. This week the supermarket delivery man comes and so does my weekly 2L bottle of 7up for the week. Guess what? The label has changed and so has the taste  Angry Angry Angry
I'm not a happy bunny. Why must these interfering idiots decide what we will and will not enjoy? (and i'm not talking about the government for once but the people who 'adjust' the recipes). I'm really disgruntled now! Just a couple of years back Cadbury were tinkering with their hot chocolate too - we had one lot that tasted like burnt cadbury caramel it was so bad - they did send vouchers for the hassle but yuck.. it tasted vile at the time and i was just as disgruntled.
I think I'm going to end up sticking to water soon.. and no doubt they'll add some artificial sweetener chemical to that because the chlorine isn't healthy  Crazy
Need to find me a reserve username...
PS anyone ever noticed that the large majority of posts on chit chat sound like they've come from grumpy old men?  Roll eyes (myself included there)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: You have got to be kidding me...

Change your name to ' soda lover '
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: 7up
PS anyone ever noticed that the large majority of posts on chit chat sound like they've come from grumpy old men?  Roll eyes (myself included there)

Yup - me included
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Be thankful you can get 2L bottles still, my tipple has been reduced to 1.75L bottles at the same price as the old 2L bottles
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Change your name to H2O - you can't mistake that Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: Gus
Be thankful you can get 2L bottles still, my tipple has been reduced to 1.75L bottles at the same price as the old 2L bottles

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Sheesh is there absolutely nothing these greaseballs won't try?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

" Drip".....  would be a good name.... ! .. Wink
In the Navy, someone who was always complaining about irritating things would be said to be "dripping"... as in the saying... " He`s always drippin` about summat  "... ! ! .
Community Veteran

The label has changed and so has the taste  Angry Angry Angry

It must be something to do with the EU. Smiley
I'm still looking for a tasty sauce as HP just doesn't cut it anymore. (Any brown sauce suggestions)
Why do companies with decades old successful recipes allow health nazi's to bully them into changing?
Especially as we all know that things that are "bad for us" change more often than wind direction.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Go for home made ginger beer, it's easy and cheap to make. They can't tinker with that, but you might have to dye your hair to match the appropriate moniker.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
2u2me
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: billnotben
The label has changed and so has the taste  Angry Angry Angry

It must be something to do with the EU. Smiley
I'm still looking for a tasty sauce as HP just doesn't cut it anymore. (Any brown sauce suggestions)
Why do companies with decades old successful recipes allow health nazi's to bully them into changing?
Especially as we all know that things that are "bad for us" change more often than wind direction.

My favorite has alway`s been "Daddies" lovely on a warm pork pie Smiley
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quotes fixed ]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: billnotben

Stick it to the man and cook your own "unhealthy" brown sauce up...  Grin
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/20111/fruity-brown-sauce.aspx
(other recipes available)
Community Veteran

Talking of sauces, has anyone else noticed a difference in taste between these?:

1) by royal appointment to her majesty the queen in a glass bottle. Thick, rich, tastey.. they wouldn't dare change the taste to a product the queen uses.
2) by royal appointment to her majesty the queen in a squeezy plastic bottle. Also thick, rich and tastey and again they wouldn't dare change this recipe. Because it's so thick, the hole in the top plastic flip lid is quite large to allow the ketchup to be squeezed out.
3) NOT by any appointment to anyone. It has a non spill cap with a tiny hole and rubber fitting around it. Clearly a lot thinner, tastes of more vinegar and goes through a tiny hole that normal thick ketchup would not squeeze through. It has never carried the royal appointment logo either. Heinz (10 or so years back) completely denied any change in recipe.. but just try this and then try the royal version and you will instantly notice the difference.