Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Tube problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

You Tube problem

I have checked  "Is You Tube Down" on Google search 

and "Downdetector" says "no problems today"    https://downdetector.co.uk/status/youtube/

however

I have tried several times to run video but get " an error occurred please try later on all of them... i.e. from my "Bookmarks" urls... to specific video links supplied via google search on the subject

anyone else got problem ?

8 REPLIES 8
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: You Tube problem

The 'tubes are working fine here, maybe need a rebooting of the router, just incase...

shutter
Community Veteran

@twocvbloke   Was in the middle of telling you how rock solid my connection was... with an snr between 6.2 and 6.3   and a download speed of 6.245

when a "flash of inspiration " happens.... you know... that "eureka" moment... "lights flashing in the head" .. I normally have several "Pages" open and I thought... AHA !   Firefox has just done an update.. I wonder.......

So I went to the FF icon.. clicked it for a new page...  and got a message... Oops we just need to do one more thing.... restart Firefox... so.. I did... .... lost the reply to you ..

.but checked out a video link and it worked...

so   problem solved...

twocvbloke
Community Veteran

So basically a switch it off and on again, but for firefox, which ain't that uncommon, cos software sucks... 😂

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 52

You tube 😂

Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Can't say I've had any problems with FF or YT of late. Youtube keeps on telling me that my version of YT is going and I should use the new version. So I clicked on the link ..... and it didn't look any different. 🤔 Mind you, it is only when I look at YT on the TV that I suddenly realise how many ads some people put on their videos. On the PC ads are very much a rarity. I can't recall the last time I saw one.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
shutter
Community Veteran

@idonno   got a "Adblocker" running on the pc?    no adblocker on the telly  ? ? ? 

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Too right.....I even looked up to see if there was a version for the TV...no luck so far 😐

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
twocvbloke
Community Veteran

Pi-Hole is a good network-level adblocker if you have a spare computer with Linux or even a RaspberryPi (which it was designed for), stops ads even getting to your computers... Smiley

https://pi-hole.net/