Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Got The Wrong Man

Steve
Pro

You Got The Wrong Man

Wrong man executed, probe says
He was the spitting image of the killer, had the same first name and was near the scene of the crime at the fateful hour: Carlos DeLuna paid the ultimate price and was executed in place of someone else in Texas in 1989, a report out on Tuesday found.
Even “all the relatives of both Carloses mistook them”, and DeLuna was sentenced to death and executed based only on eyewitness accounts despite a range of signs he was not a guilty man, said law professor James Liebman.

So what happens now?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: You Got The Wrong Man

I Doubt this is the first time this has happened and the wrong person has been executed.
It's quite clear those involved in the case failed to do their job properly, it will not bring him back but if appropriate action is taken against those people who failed to do their job correctly  it might be a lesson to others in Law enforcement.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: You Got The Wrong Man

Quote from: Steve
]So what happens now?

He's dug up, they use the "fifth element" body reconstruction machine on him, has all the lethal chemicals extracted from his body, resuscitated, put back inside, officially found not guilty, released, compensated and he lives happily ever after  Crazy
Seriously, this is one reason America and all other countries across the world need to realise they can't just hand out death sentences based on a whim and because they 'want' to execute someone because it's nice and easy for them. Mind you, they do it every day and call it war  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!