cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Are The Winning Bidder

Community Veteran

You Are The Winning Bidder

The CEO of Ebay, John Donahoe, has had his pay cut by 53% to $13.8M.  I guess he can survive on that Wink Wink
Ebay CEO
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: You Are The Winning Bidder

Remove two more zeroes and it will be a fair rate.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

aside from splitting PayPal off from eBay would see both companies stagnate and die off pretty rapidly I cant see what the story is there,
sure the guy gets paid a small fortune but the private company that he's running has made huge amounts of money for its investors under his flagship so why not, bankers get paid anything up to 100millin in bonuses for single transactions so why not a CEO ....
the only reason its a story is cos some hare-brained fuckwit is crying that Skype was sold without generating enough cash for him and his mates in the venture capitalist group that he runs ......
jim:red Avoidamce of swear filter removed mod:end
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

i have no objection to people getting paid high figures so long as they perform.  I doubt shareholders will object Smiley
On the reverse when things go wrong they should be penalised.
Community Veteran

ebay got where it is through nothing more than luck.
Management decisions in recent years has done nothing except reduce customer satisfaction. Particularly the selling customers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: billnotben
Management decisions in recent years has done nothing except reduce customer satisfaction. Particularly the selling customers.

Yes but as long as ebays profits remain at the same level or higher, ebay won't care. Believe it or not many companies pride themselves on getting rid of customers while continuing to make the same money because they see it as less hassle, less support staff required, less legal worries etc.
I was working for a company years ago that had this same attitude. Needless to say they created a **** storm for themselves and lost the contract  Roll eyes Bottom line is that the moment a company sees getting rid of customers as a good thing, thats the moment they bring doom upon themselves. The trouble is they can't see this at management level.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!