Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel Delivery customer service is top .... botch

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Yodel Delivery customer service is top .... botch

Ive just contacted yodel to say that the date my package comes i will not be in, and could i re-arrange so im not wasting the delivery drivers time or the companys. Yodel said this over chat .... " Your parcel can only be rearranged after 1 delivery attempt has failed because you are not in"
So after i told customer services no one will be there to collect it they replied with, " thanks for letting us know, we will still send the parcel out for delivery". I tried to explain that im doing them a favour trying to save wasted time and fuel but they said ... " we understand and your parcel is on its way"
Its a big parcel thats pretty heavy too ... why struggle when ive told them i wont be in ....
what ? ....
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
12 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Yodel Delivery customer service is top .... botch

You couldn't make it up Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

well when I have stuff getting delivered I pray its coming via dpd or royal mail, purely because with dpd I can change the date as required or with rm they will actually leave it with a neighbour and leave a card, yodel will leave a card so I can arrange a redelivery as will hermes, ukmail just lie about having delivered it (or so my experience has been to date) UPS/fedex will leave a card telling me where their depot is and how much a redelivery will cost
out of all of them DPD has to be the best for customer service and their predict software is the only one that actually works as advertised/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There may be no way of holding a parcel in the system, be interesting to know if anyone has ever tried asking other delivery firms the same question.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

remember that you are not Yodel's customer, the sender is.
any change of original delivery has to be done by the sender.
this is standard practice for all delivery companies.
some may handle it differently, but essentially it is the same result.
if yodel don't attempt delivery on the day the sender asked for then they would not get paid.
if you won't be in then contact the sender to re-arrange the delivery.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yodel is a  'cancer ' to delivery services. Cheap as chips though that is why they continue to be employed. With some experiences good and some experiences bad...the new Royal Mail? I would never employ them.
Community Veteran

Yodel is the end-result of people wanting free delivery from places like amazon.
as they say, you get what you pay for.
people have the mentality now that delivery should always be free or cost pennies.
guess what, delivering items costs money, if you want something delivered then pay the correct price for it.
someone people have no idea what it actually costs to send a parcel next day by courier.
citylink were cheap, had a similar service level to yodel, and went bust.
the better couriers are more expensive, and more expensive for a reason, and they have a better business model.
nanotm
Pro

I pay for prime with amazon and get frustrated when they use yodel for deliveries, I find it funny that I can by stuff from hongkong for 99p on ebay with free uk delivery when I couldn't even post the same item for delivery in 2 days for that price /
as to your comment about delivery prices, people expect it to be free because so many places offer it for free, I had something delivered a few weeks ago and whoever was sending it spent more on the delivery than I spent buying it, not my fault but the sellers fault for getting their sums wrong /
itsme
Grafter

I had to contact yodel last Friday as they again delivered a package to my address which was wrong.
The correct address should be
123 Somewhere Park
My Road
Correct Post code
Yodel change it to
123 My Road
Correct post for 123 Somewhere Park
Somewhere Park is approximately 2 miles away, so obviously the driver did not go by the Post Code. 
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm
I pay for prime with amazon and get frustrated when they use yodel for deliveries, I find it funny that I can by stuff from hongkong for 99p on ebay with free uk delivery when I couldn't even post the same item for delivery in 2 days for that price /
as to your comment about delivery prices, people expect it to be free because so many places offer it for free, I had something delivered a few weeks ago and whoever was sending it spent more on the delivery than I spent buying it, not my fault but the sellers fault for getting their sums wrong /

they offer it free because customers expect it, and data will show that if it's not free the customer won't buy it.
nanotm
Pro

people normally work out how much the delivery charge is versus a trip to the shops to get what they want (often comparing prices) and then pick the cheapest options, plenty of sellers offer a subscription delivery service (that works out a lot cheaper if you buy often) some sellers though are just too cheap and refuse to combine postage on items, refuse (which is illegal under dsr) to cover the cost of return postage (despite having charged you for postage in the first place) and various other things,
if a seller doesn't offer free postage (with or without a minimum spend) then the chances are they will also refuse to pay for return postage despite being legally obliged to fund return postage ....... if they offer free postage chances are they will cover return costs which are often prohibitively expensive, a sofa I had delivered some time ago was missing parts and the seller told me that it would need to be returned and I would have to arrange that, I ended up taking the scammer to small claims court after they refused to refund postage costs which amounted to 50% of the original cost of the sofa ......
needless to say I wont be making the mistake of paying postage from similar places again and will stick to "free delivery" options in the future
Faizan786
Grafter

leave it with neighbour, or ask yodel to chuck it over garden fencing as standard
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
people normally work out how much the delivery charge is versus a trip to the shops to get what they want (often comparing prices) and then pick the cheapest options, plenty of sellers offer a subscription delivery service (that works out a lot cheaper if you buy often) some sellers though are just too cheap and refuse to combine postage on items, refuse (which is illegal under dsr) to cover the cost of return postage (despite having charged you for postage in the first place) and various other things,

dsr?  I assume you mean Distance Selling Regulations, haven't been in law for just over a year. The new Law is Consumer Contracts Regulations and there's no legal requirement for the seller to pay for the return postage.