cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timers mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timer mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timer mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Computer and TV auto updated too. Phone I'll have to manually adjust.
Typical.. the one night I could get an extra hours kip and I'm kept awake by pain and an SO that won't give me any space in the bed  Cry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: PlusComUK

Just "mechanical " devices to reset, watch, alarm clock, car clock, digital cameras.
All my mobiles are still on BST, I'll reset those in the morning if not auto corrected.

My mobiles didn't auto correct, now done.
Quote from: PlusComUK
As is my ["Rugby" / Anthorn] Radio Controlled Alarm Clock. Not sure what time it is supposed to autoupdate time, manual just says overnight.

Auto corrected between 2am and 5am
My body clock auto corrected too !!
I woke up at 5:30am for the ITV  News, as I do most days.  Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anyone notice the 'electricity meter time' didn't change.
We're on economy 7, cut over time between cheap rate and normal rate is set to 08:00 (normally happens at 08:07).
This morning cutover time was 07:07 (winter time), hadn't actually changed.
Highlighted
Grafter

What is winter time?
Economy 7 is permanently on GMT
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Winter time = GMT
Summer time = BST
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PlusNet Economy 8 time is midnight to 8am   Cheesy
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: itsme
What is winter time?

Sorry GMT. Embarrassed
Economy 7 has always been 'clock time' (finish at 08:00 regardeless of BST or GMT)  for us. We've always made a point of shower, laundry and breakfast before 08:00, has been for over 30 years.
Swmbo reminds me we have had a meter change this year, our old meter was based on a 'time switch' not on a signal.
Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timers mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

No doubt some of the younger forum members will recall Double British Summertime  Cool
At least, in those days, we only had watches and clocks to adjust.
I'm pleased to see that Android phone, year old central heating control and Humax pvr self adjust as do laptops.
Only car left to do and that can wait for now.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timers mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Wasn’t there also a period when British Standard Time was introduced as GMT+1 for 3-4 years as an experiment in road safety. (it was calculated an estimated 3000 fewer accident happened with Standard Time), although subsequently there was some doubt about the validity of the experiment as the introduction of standard time coincided with Drink-Drive legislation
Highlighted
Fixes: 394

Quote from: nadger
No doubt some of the younger forum members will recall Double British Summertime  Cool
I'm pretty sure most governments adhere to British Double-Standards time Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still