cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timers mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timers mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

"Winter Clock Change Information
Clocks change backwards one hour on the last Sunday in October, change your non auto clocks one hour after  1:00 a.m."
"Fall Back"
An extra hour in bed, an extra hour on Unlimited ....
What will you do with your "extra" hour ?
I know I'll be resetting some of my PVR's, most automatically reset the clock, but some older ones don't !
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timer mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

'Bout time we stopped this nonsense of 'mucking about with clocks twice a year'
We can't create nor destroy time (AFAIK) so why try to change it?
Yet to hear a credible argument in favour of BST, plenty of good arguments againt it!
Wonder if my router will know what time it is on Sunday morning...
what if I get a log entry between 1am and 2am - I may not know when an even occurred?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Yes it's that time of year again, PVR Timer mess up time, possibly..... Sunday.

Every year this bl**dy arguement comes up about stopping the daylight saving times. As soon as the clocks change everyone forgets about it until 2 days before the next clock change.
It's driving me mad! Either stick with the arguement or stop bringing it up every year twice a year and then dropping it!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Excellent, another 'BST sceptic'  Smiley
Do trains end up an hour out of place or do they have to print a new set of timetables?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I think most organisations that have timetables change to winter schedules at clock changes.
But we wouldn't want to upset the Scottish hill farmers and crofters would we?
But hey! if Scotland leaves the UK they can go their own way with time, then in England we can scrap BST. Now that's worth voting for.
Off now to set up EMfIST  (English Movement for Independent Scottish Time) or e-mist.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I'm pretty sure that hill farmers an crofters don't work 'to the clock' anyway, they work to nature's clock so BST is pretty irrelevant there too.
Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran

Quote from: w23
Do trains end up an hour out of place or do they have to print a new set of timetables?

Absolutely no idea.. but that did get me thinking.. What happens if you're on a wee-hour train and the clocks go back / forward and you get to your destination early / late? Can you get compensation on that one day?  Cheesy Wink
Community Veteran

Probably right, but its always one of the reason wheeled out against scrapping BST.
Just out of curiosity though, if clock changes was scrapped, would we stay permanently on BST or GMT?
No, the timetable would simply show a different arrival time and assume you set your wrist watch en-route, much the same way flights that cross international time zones do.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
Can you get compensation on that one day?  Cheesy Wink

Wonder if I can order a pizza at 5 to 2am on spring clock-change night then refuse to pay because it took well over an hour to deliver it?  Cool
Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran

Absolutely no idea..

But Sprite, you must know, your avatar is all about trains and railways!
I always thought 'Sprite knows everything there is to know about British Railways, for he is..  da - da -da -daaaaa..... 'Train Man''
It's like I just found out that Superman is just some bloke who goes about his boring business wearing a cape and a pair of briefs outside his coloured tights, I'm devastated!   Crazy
Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I was going to " chime in" on this thread, but couldn`t spare the time  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Good idea shutter, I think I've already wasted my extra hour chatting about it in this thread.
'Sometimes I spend the extra hour getting drunk and picking up dodgy women, other times I just waste it.'
Call me 'w23'
Community Veteran

Don't give it a second thought Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: PlusComUK
What will you do with your "extra" hour ?

Both our neighbours remain on BST throughout the year, have done for as long as I can remember, we joined them 2 years ago (stay on BST).
Community Veteran

Absolutely no idea..

But Sprite, you must know, your avatar is all about trains and railways!
I always thought 'Sprite knows everything there is to know about British Railways, for he is..  da - da -da -daaaaa..... 'Train Man''
It's like I just found out that Superman is just some bloke who goes about his boring business wearing a cape and a pair of briefs outside his coloured tights, I'm devastated!   Crazy

Lol sorry mate, I love the railways and am a fan of them but I'm not a hardcore railway buff that could tell you about every aspect of them. I just find them fascinating and think it's sad that our railway heritage keeps being destroyed.