cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yee Hah!... I made a profit ! ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yee Hah!... I made a profit ! ! !

Recently, my phone contract with the Post Office, ended... when the notification arrived in an email... I checked in with PN to see if they could beat the P.O. deal for my renewal...

They could not....initially ! !..

but in the end, we came to an agreement...

Today I received my "final bill" from the Post Office... and they will be sending me a "voucher" that I can cash in at any post office, so long as I can provide some identifcation papers... usual ... driving licence.. passport etc..

Yup !... they owe me money after a 1 year contract.... Unbelievable.... 

£0.57p....  Yee Hah ! .. Cheesy

24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Yee Hah!... I made a profit ! ! !

Don't spend it all at once !

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Being a cynical old git, I’m of the opinion that they do it this way (using a voucher) as you might be of the opinion that it’s more bother than the voucher is worth so never cash it, leaving them with the money.

I also ask myself how much it actually costs to produce it as well, granted maybe not a fortune but still a finite sum. So just on principal I’d cash it in the next time you are at the Post Office.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

57? That's enough for a tin of beans!

Well done though because I've been mulling over those Post Office deals as well and they seemed pretty good.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I can just see shutter standing their thinking of all his PN forum chums and saying "The milky bars are on me!" Grin

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

Cheesy

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I remember after a fault with my BT phone line a number of years ago that meant I had no phone for a while, I rang to ask about about a refund and compensation. BT said I couldn't have compensation as it was MBORC and they 'only' owed me 67p. I replied that actually it was £1.11 they owed me but the amount wasn't the point the point was it was mine and not theirs so could I have it please. They did begrudgingly take it off my next bill. 3 months later I had a call from a very nice lady who was checking accounts and she said that BT actually owed me £33 for my down time. I was somewhat surprised and pleased. 

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

57? That's enough for a tin of beans!

Well done though because I've been mulling over those Post Office deals as well and they seemed pretty good.

They guy on the end of the Live Chat, who was dealing with me, said, "Bimey, THAT is CHEAP, when I told him what the Post Office deal was... he said he couldn`t  match it.. BUT>...... he then proceeded to make a "bundle" for me, and that deal was a bit better than having PN broadband, and The Post Office phone, as separate deals..

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

I tried to get a better deal out of Plusnet - but they point blank refused unless I transferred my phone line to them.

Since BT have never screwed up on billing (over several decades) & I frequently see Plusnet screwing up on simple things like peoples broadband billing, I declined.

Their reputation precedes them! Lips are sealed

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Several years ago PN never screwed up , Great service excellent staff , still some here Smiley

But have gone from a Great ISP to below Talk Talk for the simple reason of Cheap Givaway deals by bean pushers Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

@rongtw  and @VileReynard   and yet.... 

You are still here.........     one can only ask ...." WHY  ? "       Undecided

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

well yes 6 years i have never had any major problems Wink But every we read here and see how PN are falling behind in customer support Shocked
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

That's simple........They are just hoping for a share of your 57p fortune.

Wink

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

shutter wrote:

Well, I wasn't affected by the "rule" that you have to pay a surcharge for not having your phone with Plusnet,
and I wasn't affected by the recent price increases in broadband charges.

This was because I've been on the (no longer available) unlimited usage 80/20 fibre thing since 2013, before surcharges were announced.

So I pay £19-99 & I couldn't find anything cheaper with a 300+GByte monthly usage. Lips are sealed

BTW I notice that some of the Plusnet Business plans appear to be cheaper than the retail plans, provided that you have a more modest usage. I wonder what the catch is.

Community Veteran

Got my "final bill" in the post from the post office yesterday....  A detailed report on the numbers called, etc.. and telling me about my credit...

Also got another letter from the post office, with a letter ( which also acts as "the voucher" ) for my £0.57p credit...

So how much postage would that have cost ?  surely they could have sent in the same envelope  ? ? ? 

When I told the missus about it... she said... "You`re not going to cash it in, are you ? "   ( she was serious! !).. I replied,... "Of course..... they would be chasing me through the courts if I owed THEM 57p.."...

"Oh yes... I suppose so" , she replied... Roll eyes