cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo toolbar

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yahoo toolbar

2 or 3 weeks back, you may have noted I pondered why the Yahoo toolbar kept on re-appearing un-wanted on my browser, in spite that I had deleted and uninstalled it several times...
Well, I've just discovered where it comes from and why it continues to return:
From Java updates. There's a tick box for it that comes pre-ticked.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Yahoo toolbar

Yes, have noticed this before. You have to be very vigilant when installing. Same thing with CCleaner. It is a real pest - if i wanted the thing I would install it for myself.  Angry
Community Veteran

I had a Java update this week and spotted the tick box.  Wasn't easy to see but I deleted the tick before proceeding.  It seems the toolbar tries to get in from a number of update sites these days.
mentalist3d
Grafter

there was a time all you needed to do to install something was click next all the way until finish, nowadays, every installation wizard screen needs to be scrutinized so you don't end up getting additional unasked for software.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Incidentally, interesting about Java, the updates also advertise Open Office, which is a direct (and better) competitor with Microsoft Office. Yahoo and Microsoft have a "thing" going now, I wonder if this means the Yahoo toolbar tick box will disappear from Java updates!! More likely the Open Office ads will go I suppose.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.