cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo email server

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Yahoo email server

Not sure where this should go (not PN email category I guess?), anyone having problems getting in to Yahoo email/webmail today (since late yesterday actually)?
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Yahoo email server

Yep, it's been on and off over the past week, some days it's just their POP server (I can access by their site), some days I can't get to anything email related, and other days it's not letting me sign in to anything (including messenger), and I've been doing it over Three mobile broadband and primus slowDSL...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No problems yesterday despite my missus moaning about it... today i'm just as screwed as the rest of you.. and then as i'm typing this it lets me in  Crazy
So yes.. yahoo are experiencing big major problems.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

I'm sure I saw a news article about this, let me go dig it out.
Ah, the news article was focused on BT and Sky customers using the Yahoo platform, but indicates an issue:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/11/sky-broadband-isp-customers-hit-email-access-problems.h...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

Suddenly seems fixed!  Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: Chris
Ah, the news article was focused on BT and Sky customers using the Yahoo platform, but indicates an issue:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/11/sky-broadband-isp-customers-hit-email-access-problems.h...

But of course, those of us who are just straight yahoo mail users (not via sky or BT) aren't really a concern when it comes to accessing our email, blummin' media... Roll eyes
I do have a google address though, but, that's only used for my phone & tablet, and even then it's just used to send photos about in a traditional method...  Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: twocvbloke
Quote from: Chris

But of course, those of us who are just straight yahoo mail users (not via sky or BT) aren't really a concern when it comes to accessing our email, blummin' media... Roll eyes

I'm not really sure you can hold the media responsible for yahoo and it's tech glitches. Yahoo have never given a stuff about their customers in any way shape or form over the years - thats why they're known for putting us through Yahell.
They've always had a laid back attitude towards reliability, security, usability etc. When the new javascript webmail came out it had virtually none of the features the original webmail had (such as viewing unread emails only). It's a company that doesn't give a **** about anyone... but it's also free and known to be stable financially hence my 15 year old account with over 20k emails in it.
Must be said I am desperate to move away but my own webmail isn't worked on regularly enough for me to migrate to it yet.
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
I'm not really sure you can hold the media responsible for yahoo and it's tech glitches.

I was referring to the fact that it only mentions sky and BT customers as if they're the only ones to use Yahoo's services, hence my gripe at the reporting of the fault... Cool
Community Veteran

Oh i see... sorry my misunderstanding lol
Community Veteran

According to The Register someone snipped an underwater marine telecoms cable causing the Yahoo problem. It is a good job that the IP Protocol was designed via DARPA to withstand individual cable outages.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Except it obviously doesn't work!!!
The whole point of it all was that if one connection does go down, the traffic is supposed to seek an alternative route via another cable. Thing is when one does go down thats it.. half the internet drops dead so it doesn't actually work at all does it.