cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number

TimeRider
Grafter

Wrong number

As many of you on here know, we enjoy messing with telemarketers - and we record them in full for your enjoyments - with hilarious results!
Something to warm you up on this cold January day!
Enjoy the lols in this short but hilarious call recording!
https://youtu.be/I69fnhy5NJ4
Comments, ideas and laughs welcome Smiley
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Wrong number

Not bad but a bit distracting with all the bleeps to remove the personal information.
There are a number of you tube videos where the aim was to keep the caller on the phone for a long as possible and some have managed to get past the hour mark, ok if you have the time to do it.
One of the best I read was in the DM when a lady got a call about conservatories, asked them loads of questions and kep them on the phone as long as possible but it then reached a point where they wanted to visit to give her an estimate, to which she replied," No problem but one think I forgot to mention is that I live on the 10th story of a block of flats.."
Smiley
TimeRider
Grafter

I've broken the hour boundary many times, had a guy come out to price up an upstairs conservatory.
Arranged medicals before they call out.
Got dates of birth addresses the AND owners of telemarketing companies personal telephone numbers and details.
Managed to get someone to call 'the mortuary' to speak to me.
Even gotten some scammers to walk out of their scambase to meet me and sign up to a time travel program.
... and many many more....
Hours and hours of funny calls on my youtube channel:
http://youtube.com/calls4u2 Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

you've got too much time on your hands
TimeRider
Grafter

Just like to make more use of my time.. May as well bring some smiles to people while I'm doing my dishes, cleaning, or even when at work!
I'd feel like a day had been wasted if I had only been doing one or two things at any given moment.. Live life and enjoy the lols Smiley
dick:quote
Steve
Seasoned Pro

You are a time traveller anyway so any time lost is easy to get back Wink
TimeRider
Grafter

Seems my secret about time travel is out!
Interesting moderation where if I quote what I'm replying to it gets removed :/ Says per 'forum rules' but nothing saying you can't quote the user you're replying to - oh well :~/
Kinda makes the quote button a bit pointless - can it be removed to save us bandwidth?
Fixes: 47

Quoting the immediately preceding post is against a forum rule and is pretty pointless unless you have some very strange face to face conversations Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Time travel changes the relationship of 'immediately preceding' to the subject.
Quote button still very useful for quoting a specific part of the immediately preceding post or, indeed, all or part of any other post.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: TimeRider
Kinda makes the quote button a bit pointless - can it be removed to save us bandwidth?

if you remove it the moderators will have nothing to do.
that's all they seem to do.
TimeRider
Grafter

'''You should not quote a full post unless; (i)It’s not the post immediately prior to your reply or'''
Yeah, I see that now..
Happens all the time on a busy forum that by the time you've typed your message there are 10 replies previous to your reply.. Gets a LOT confusing when people don't know what you're replying to.. I'll edit the post higher up where I quoted more.
Happens to me a lot as I tend to have very busy conversations.
Oh, and while typing this *Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.* Proving the point!
Community Veteran

Quote from: chenks76

if you remove it the moderators will have nothing to do.
that's all they seem to do.

And that's the way it should be isn't it?  Shows peace and calm is reigning on the forum Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Did you not realise that the note added by the moderator contains a link to the relevant section of the forum rules?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TimeRider
Grafter

I'm pretty sure I could find better use of moderating that removing a one line quote!
I've edited my earlier post (up at the top) as I had quoted the text I was replying to. Most of us like to see what the message refers to instead of having to read page after page to get the gist. Okay if only one subject was ever discussed, or it was only between two people (or one person in some strange circumstances). Anyways, I'll try and refrain from using quotes, I'm sure it'll lead to some VERY strange conversations! (which I'll probably enjoy :p )
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
TimeRider
Grafter

Yeah I noticed, it links you to the forum rules and the paragraph on Forum etiquette  - I even made mention to that earlier in this thread.
'Quotes are a useful way of showing which post/partial post you are replying to.'
I agree, they are. Saves a lot of time and confusion for a lot of people. All those minutes having to scroll up add up.
Anyways lets put that aside and get back to talking about dodgy wrong numbers - though no one seems to comment on that Sad - seems the big topic today is moderation rules!
C'mon guys, grab yourself a laugh (link on the first page)