cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap up well this Christmas

Fixes: 124

Wrap up well this Christmas

How to wrap presents using maths
She makes it look easy but who really has the time to measure each sheet accurately Roll eyes
Did like the way the Toblerone was wrapped, though Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

20 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Wrap up well this Christmas

Wrapping like she's shown is just logical to me. I've never measured anything just checked the joins will be in the middle, I've even wrapped the diagonal method when short of paper.
Not sure mine were ever as neat tho. lol
Community Veteran

My present wrapping is not good. Before I left for Spain I took some presents for the staff at my club. I had to apologise for the poor wrapping Sad
It always amuses me that children totally ignores any wrapping to get at the present. At £1 a sheet it's a waste.
Fixes: 104

SWMBO takes care of all our wrapping, which is a probably a good thing Wink
Quote from: artmo
At £1 a sheet it's a waste.

Ouch! For the ones I have to do (SWMBO doesn't like wrapping her own Roll eyes ) i get 6m rolls from tesco on 3 for 2 - think it's 2.50
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro

My present wrapping is not good. Before I left for Spain I took some presents for the staff at my club. I had to apologise for the poor wrapping Sad
It always amuses me that children totally ignores any wrapping to get at the present. At £1 a sheet it's a waste.

wait till the January sales and get it for 50p/10mtr roll (the good quality metallic stuff) or 10p/10mtr (the cheap paper junk) I buy mine for the year ahead and always have a few rolls left over, unfortunately I am good at wrapping stuff so I always get the job in my house but I've never measured anything /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

What about things like round tins of Quality Street (other brands are available).
I had 4 to do last night and it was a case of wrap the paper over two 'sides', tape it and then fold the ends in, losing as much spare as possible with bits of sticky tape.
Finally pat it all roughly in place, stick a label on it and bag it.
I'll look for square ones next time.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

At £1 a sheet it's a waste

For some unfathomable reason everyone time I've been shopping in the last week I've found a large new sealed roll of good quality Christmas paper.
I'm off for a bit of last minute shopping tomorrow and the three extra rolls I have is plenty so I will pass on another.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

My present wrapping is not good.

I'm not great at it either... but i think i'm slowly making progress year by year. Women are supposed to be good at wrapping gifts but my grandmother was hopeless lol. My grandfather didn't bother.. he'd just pull out his wallet and hand over a tenner... twenty if you were lucky and even then it was after being prompter by my grandmother.

But thats the fun of it for children... and i'd say at £1 a roll it's actually a pretty good bargain - they have fun, it's relatively cheap and they get rid of some destructive energy in the process. I can't fathom how you begrudge children that - £1 a roll... yet you'll buy gifts for staff at your club?  Huh
One thing I did learn about wrapping paper is that its the size of the paper that makes all the difference. If you have too much, cut it off and be rid of it and then your folds look much neater. Nobody ever told me that and i suspect i'm not the only bloke that missed that bit of vital info in years gone by...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 124

Quote from: 7up
One thing I did learn about wrapping paper is that its the size of the paper that makes all the difference.

Size really does matter Wink
I did used to cut the excess off but never neatly so the folds still looked a mess Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Ah but you're then supposed to fold under the bit of paper that was cut so that it can't be seen. Then having all the excess paper out of the way you've not got excess paper to try and hide under a mountain of sticky tape.
I think this year has been a big breakthrough for me... become a father and learnt how to wrap stuff half reasonably... Grin
Community Veteran

Wrapping?  I'd best go shopping first!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Simple really don't buy any presents = nothing to wrap.
Not having/wanting children makes this time of year easier.
Community Veteran

There is always the seriously lazy option... gift cards... stuffed into an envelope that is pre-made = job done  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I always hated gift cards when I was a kid. They were all book tokens then.
I preferred anything else.
But thinking back I think it was more about surprises. The excitement of opening the funny shaped parcel.......................
If it was an envelope there was no surprise.
Community Veteran

Yeah I wasn't keen on book tokens either and yeah... they were all that was available!
But I found a trick to using them.... WHSmiths!  Cheesy
Back then our local one accepted book tokens for payment on / towards anything... (not sure about nationally) which meant that i could go straight to the toys / games / stationary / anything of interest and spend it on that instead of the dreaded boring books!