cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap Rage.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Wrap Rage.

Ever suffered from Wrap Rage ? I certainly have, the following is a quote from Wikipedia,
'Wrap rage, also called package rage, is the common name for heightened levels of anger and frustration resulting from the inability to open hard-to-open packaging, particularly some heat-sealed plastic blister packs and clamshells. Consumers suffer thousands of injuries per year, such as cut fingers and sprained wrists, from tools used to open packages and from packaging itself, and in some cases damage the items they are trying to free from packaging. Easy-opening systems are available, when desired, to improve convenience to end-users'
17 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Wrap Rage.

'Tis the season for wrap rage and I most certainly have.
Interestingly Amazon offers many of it's item in 'frustration free packaging'....or is that what prompted the topic......http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?node=1906542031
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  It's not only the likes of Amazon.  Some of the supermarket packaging defies opening Sad

With some toys you need a full tool kit to extract the toy from it's packaging.
Wire twists, cable ties, sticky tape with a 3000Kg breaking strain, screw and even nuts and bolts to contend with.  Angry
Oxy-Acetylene cutting gear would come in handy.
Fixes: 121

Ironically I have found you often require a pair of scissors to get at a new...

pair of scissors Angry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Strat
With some toys you need a full tool kit to extract the toy from it's packaging.
Wire twists, cable ties, sticky tape with a 3000Kg breaking strain, screw and even nuts and bolts to contend with.  Angry
Oxy-Acetylene cutting gear would come in handy.

Aren`t you a bit old for toys !.  Roll eyes

No...but I usually have to get someone else to open them these days Sad
The fastening bolts used to be AF, now they are metric and my spanners don't fit Angry
Community Veteran

Bought some Star Wars toys from Amazon.  Looks like it's going to require a bit of work getting into the items. Why do manufacturers make it so hard Undecided Undecided
thejudge
Grafter

It's not just presents.
I'm always reduced to incoherence by that instruction on the packet of biscuits which says "Tear here".
Why is that the only part of the whole wrapping which seems to be reinforced with titanium?

The companies that create these packagings also design spacecraft and nuclear bunkers Roll eyes
Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool Do what posh types do, put all of your gifts into a gift bag and tie the tag onto the handle.
No wrapping, no sellotape, no rage, no worries. And you can recycle this years bag for next year.
Angry Merry Xmas Darling, here's your bag back....
WTF
Grafter

Not nuclear bunkers.
A friend of mine actually worked on Nuclear bunkers years ago and he had a great story about a bunker that was being used to store essential post-apocolyse supplies. Naturally, that meant it was full of bog roll (how could humanity possibly survive without its tri-ply?).  For some reason, the sprinkler system was triggered, soaking the bog roll and the weight of the soggy bog roll pulled the bunker down!
10 megaton nuclear bomb landing on the doorstop?  No problem.
Soggy bog roll? DISASTER!  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Large flatscreen TV:
1. Open box, remove (and discard) instructions, remote & batteries.
2. Remove styrofoam block
3. lay box down & slide TV out
4. remove stand from bottom of box & assemble to TV
5. recycle box
USB memory stick:
1. Try tearing plastic 'blister pack'
2. Look for sticking plaster for finger
3. look for scissors
4. look for bigger 'heavy duty' scissors
5. wipe blood off scissors & look for larger plaster
6. go to shed and dig out a pair of secateurs
7. trip to A & E
8. Look up returns policy for USB stick damaged while unpacking....
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

When my Samsung 40" TV arrived I spend 10 minutes opening the box and carefully sliding out the TV only to discover afterwards that the box was in 2 sections, a 6" deep base section and a much larger top section.
The 2 sections were secured together by simple fastenings that allowed the larger section to be lifted off like a lid revealing the TV and assorted fittings and accessories in the base.
Sadly this well thought out frustration free packaging when undiscovered at the critical moment.
2u2me
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Some of the things from poundshop are a begger  to get into, and its a pain trying to get them back into the packet when you want to take them back. Crazy