cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wps

Nitzan

Wps

Hi
I don't know much about these things but could some please help me . I moved to a new build last week and last night I got my internet connection I noticed that there was a green light flashing under these letters WPS can any one tell me is it ok for it to flash do I have to turn it off ? If yes how?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Wps

@Nitzan    You should have a "owners manual" or instruction leaflet for your router... and the answer should be in the q & a section at the back... ( probably .... as the adverts say ... )  Wink

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

@Nitzan it should have stopped flashing after a minute or two, has it done so?
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

On my ADSL router (2704N) that light started flashing about two weeks after I first connected.  There is a button on the side for turning it on and off but it didn't seem to work so I had to log on to the router and turn it off there.  As I understand it, WPS is for connecting equipment without a keyboard.

You probably have a newer (fibre) router but you should still be able to turn WPS off (unless you need it on) by logging in to the router.