cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you shell out 69p...

Fixes: 125

Would you shell out 69p...

For a hard boiled egg!
Ready-boiled eggs have been tried before - in 2009 the Happy Egg Company launched a two-pack of them for 89p, but the product was criticised for its smell and excess water in the packaging.

At over £8 a dozen I think I'd rather boil my own Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Would you shell out 69p...

Or buy something more interesting: http://www.purelypickledeggs.co.uk/ ; Wink
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Whats it come to when people are to lazy to boil an egg, Smiley , i always believe in cooking from scratch, i think its why a  lot of why people  always get ill (colds, bad stomach etc.) is because of a poor diet and far much processed food.
Regards
Mike
Mike
Razer
Grafter

Some people don't have the amenities to boil an egg. Some of us don't have a hob. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
Ready-boiled eggs have been tried before - in 2009 the Happy Egg Company launched a two-pack of them for 89p, but the product was criticised for its smell and excess water in the packaging.

I don't see what the fuss is about. Scorch eggs are pre-boiled and no-one complains about the smell of those!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mrs Adair has recently  installed 3 hens in our garden. After organising the henhouse and run I reckon the first egg cost £400. We allow them free range of the garden (I call them flying Rotavators). Since then we get 3 eggs a day as regular as clockwork. No need to buy pre-boiled.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Razer
Some of us don't have a hob. Wink

Here's a way to boil an egg.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Glenn
Grafter

As has been said...you can buy Scotch Eggs, but they're wrapped in meat and mask the smell somewhat.  Smiley
@ Razer...It wouldn't be the first time I've boiled eggs in the kettle if I didn't have a saucepan.  Wink
Razer
Grafter

That's interesting Alaric. Didn't know there was such a thing.
@Glenn. LOL. That thought came into my head as I posted. It works then? I'd be scared of blowing my kettle up. Grin
@ Sprite. For some reason every page you have posted on won't load properly for me. Something to do with waiting for sgu.comze.com and your avatar.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yes i got the boot from my old host and had to move it over and now it's gone a bit screwy - working on it now..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@ Razer, put egg in mug, pour on boiling water from kettle, cover with a tea-cozy or similar, give it 5 to 10 minutes and don't blame me if it's not cooked  Grin
If you have a microwave you can boil an egg in a mug - put water in the mug, not just the egg (but best to prick a small hole in one end of the egg with a needle).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I wonder how they made these ?
Glenn
Grafter

@ Razer....yeah it works a treat mate..I don't think you'd blow the kettle...mine didn't any way  Grin
Although kettles never last long for me any way as I always buy cheap ones.  Cheesy
Glenn
Grafter

@ PlusComUK....I call photoshop on that pic mate  Grin
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: w23
@ Razer, put egg in mug, pour on boiling water from kettle, cover with a tea-cozy or similar, give it 5 to 10 minutes and don't blame me if it's not cooked  Grin

lmao. I was happily reading that, thinking 'ooh, this sounds like an interesting idea' until I came to the last bit!
If you have a microwave you can boil an egg in a mug - put water in the mug, not just the egg (but best to prick a small hole in one end of the egg with a needle).

I've never done that exact procedure before. I have done them in the microwave, in those little plastic cup things, but you just crack the egg first. I guess it's sort of poaching them actually. They don't taste very nice.
@ Glenn. Hmm. Methinks all your kettle replacements might be linked with cooking eggs. Cheesy