cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you shell out 69p...

Fixes: 232

Would you shell out 69p...

For a hard boiled egg!
Ready-boiled eggs have been tried before - in 2009 the Happy Egg Company launched a two-pack of them for 89p, but the product was criticised for its smell and excess water in the packaging.

At over £8 a dozen I think I'd rather boil my own Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Would you shell out 69p...

Or buy something more interesting: http://www.purelypickledeggs.co.uk/ ; Wink
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 7

Whats it come to when people are to lazy to boil an egg, Smiley , i always believe in cooking from scratch, i think its why a  lot of why people  always get ill (colds, bad stomach etc.) is because of a poor diet and far much processed food.
Regards
Mike
Mike
Razer
Grafter

Some people don't have the amenities to boil an egg. Some of us don't have a hob. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Quote from: Mav
Ready-boiled eggs have been tried before - in 2009 the Happy Egg Company launched a two-pack of them for 89p, but the product was criticised for its smell and excess water in the packaging.

I don't see what the fuss is about. Scorch eggs are pre-boiled and no-one complains about the smell of those!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mrs Adair has recently  installed 3 hens in our garden. After organising the henhouse and run I reckon the first egg cost £400. We allow them free range of the garden (I call them flying Rotavators). Since then we get 3 eggs a day as regular as clockwork. No need to buy pre-boiled.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Razer
Some of us don't have a hob. Wink

Here's a way to boil an egg.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Glenn
Grafter

As has been said...you can buy Scotch Eggs, but they're wrapped in meat and mask the smell somewhat.  Smiley
@ Razer...It wouldn't be the first time I've boiled eggs in the kettle if I didn't have a saucepan.  Wink
Razer
Grafter

That's interesting Alaric. Didn't know there was such a thing.
@Glenn. LOL. That thought came into my head as I posted. It works then? I'd be scared of blowing my kettle up. Grin
@ Sprite. For some reason every page you have posted on won't load properly for me. Something to do with waiting for sgu.comze.com and your avatar.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Yes i got the boot from my old host and had to move it over and now it's gone a bit screwy - working on it now..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@ Razer, put egg in mug, pour on boiling water from kettle, cover with a tea-cozy or similar, give it 5 to 10 minutes and don't blame me if it's not cooked  Grin
If you have a microwave you can boil an egg in a mug - put water in the mug, not just the egg (but best to prick a small hole in one end of the egg with a needle).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Infinity
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I wonder how they made these ?
Glenn
Grafter

@ Razer....yeah it works a treat mate..I don't think you'd blow the kettle...mine didn't any way  Grin
Although kettles never last long for me any way as I always buy cheap ones.  Cheesy
Glenn
Grafter

@ PlusComUK....I call photoshop on that pic mate  Grin
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: w23
@ Razer, put egg in mug, pour on boiling water from kettle, cover with a tea-cozy or similar, give it 5 to 10 minutes and don't blame me if it's not cooked  Grin

lmao. I was happily reading that, thinking 'ooh, this sounds like an interesting idea' until I came to the last bit!
If you have a microwave you can boil an egg in a mug - put water in the mug, not just the egg (but best to prick a small hole in one end of the egg with a needle).

I've never done that exact procedure before. I have done them in the microwave, in those little plastic cup things, but you just crack the egg first. I guess it's sort of poaching them actually. They don't taste very nice.
@ Glenn. Hmm. Methinks all your kettle replacements might be linked with cooking eggs. Cheesy