Would you like YouView from PN?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Would you like YouView from PN?

If you select 'Yes I would like it!'  Select
either 'I'd only join if its free'  or 'I'd join even it costs money.'
Thanks for your time
again this is only for interest,  and hopefully PN do get it as I would love it!!
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
45 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Would you like YouView from PN?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

If I could get youview from PN with Sky channels I would leave sky the minute I found out.
Or I I was in a cable area I would switch to Virgin Media,  but certainly need sky channels, and at the same time I prefer not to pay Murdoch!! for my services!
J
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Devonian
Grafter

If a package similar to *spit* talktalk's was offered by PN then I would sign up in a heartbeat.
Fixes: 125

I already have a YouView box so am not interested. I doubt if I would be interested even if I didn't as it'd probably tie me in to another contract. While I'm happy with keeping with PN for a BB contract I wouldn't want to over TV.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

We've been here before and there was little interest.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
I prefer not to pay Murdoch!! for my services!
J

That makes no sense. You still pay BSkyB regardless of what platform you receive those channels on, only difference is with VM and YV you pay more and get less ( for the Sky channels)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Am I missing the point ?
I was aware that YouView existed and generally how it works, but had assumed that it was something only available from some broadband suppliers including BT and TalkTalk.
I went to the YouView website to get information from the horse's mouth.
It says -
YouView is available from your favourite high street retailer or local independent shop. Buy a box for a simple one-off payment, connect it to any broadband provider and you'll be watching in no time.

Are you saying this won't work with your Plusnet service,  or are you wanting Plusnet to give you a free YouView box ?
... or am I not understanding the purpose of this poll ?
DaveyH
Pro

The BT and TT implementations of YV have additional services that the standalone doesn't...
Community Veteran

... anything worth paying for ?
DaveyH
Pro

Not IMO, but I wouldn't pay £300 for the standalone version either which is just a DTT PVR with catch up...
I really see no point in YV, when we already had a DTT platform with catchup (Freeview) either. Its just confusing to the average end user and they should be scrapped and consolidated into a single service

Quote from: DaveyH
Not IMO, but I wouldn't pay £300 for the standalone version either which is just a DTT PVR with catch up...

Agreed.
I think the YV box is over-priced. Probably worth the outlay if it was half that.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

The point is.  Rather than spending 300 quid on a box. Get it from Plusnet on a contract with Sky Channels. If you buy it from an shop ie Currys or Argos you won't get Sky channels.
I know YouView sounds a bit stupid but everyone thinks differently.

Can't think of any Sky channels that would interest me. Admittedly I would like to have National Geographic in HD but between Freeview and Freesat and what I can watch online I am quite satisfied.

Community Veteran

[quote=JamieDanjoux]I know YouView sounds a bit stupid but everyone thinks differently
Is that like -
    "If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is"
Therefore -
    If YouView sounds a bit stupid, then ....  ..  ........ ..
Roll eyes