cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you keep your drivers licence?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Would you keep your drivers licence?

A BBC article about an insurance company  arranging "driving tests" for experienced drivers found that three in four would fail. Fortunately I'm one of the best drivers around.  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
3 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Would you keep your drivers licence?

Number two followed quickly... I forgot to turn on my side lights on what was a wet and gloomy day.

Thought you had to use headlights, may explain why I see many cars on side lights
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indeed, I was under the impression there was such thing as "side lights", that they were actually called "parking lights" and that was their only use...when parked at night or poor visibility.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: https
You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).
Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

Problem is I don't usually carry a tape measure with me in the car.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation