cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you have gone on Blind Date?

RichAllen
Grafter

Would you have gone on Blind Date?

Remember back when Saturday night TV consisted of stuff like Blind Date with Cilla Black?
Would you have been brave enough to go on it? I think I would've, but I was under 18 back then so too young.
Another show I wanted to go on back in the 80s was Knightmare, but I had no friends at School so I would've struggled to come up with a team of "advisers", and even if I had Id've probably "died" in level 1 anyway, lol.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Would you have gone on Blind Date?

I'd have gone on Blind date without a second thought Smiley
In later life I did go on a few blind dates and actually met my wife by gatecrashing her evening and pitching up at hers one evening despite living 280 miles away and having nothing in common with her. I couldn't be bothered to drive home from Devon one night so invited myself over.
12 years later we're still together  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I went on a couple of blind dates, via a telephone agency..... you paid £5 and got three phone numbers... then you phoned them up... chatted a bit, and made a date, if you fancied her.. ( The ladies also paid £5 for three phone numbers)... First "date" was a French lady, who went by the name of Fifi... she was great fun, and we had something in common, we were both in Mauritius, on government service... she was with the French Embassy, and I was in the Navy !...    Unfortunately for me, she was way out of my class... !.. however.. the reverse came true on the second date... she sounded ok on the phone, and a date was made... she was UGLY.... to say the least... so to keep the date, I managed to take her on a very long round trip in the deepest hampshire countryside, supposedly looking for this secluded pub.... turns out that her ex-husband was a criminal in the jail on the Isle of wight, and she was expecting him to break out, and visit her at any time.... needless to say, with that sort of background, and being ugly... I was soon shot of her... the third one, is now my wife of 30 years !.. so got my money` worth out of that scheme !...
Fixes: 47

Absolutely not!
I wouldn't go on a blind date with me Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
the third one, is now my wife of 30 years !.. so got my money` worth out of that scheme !...

Did you also get plenty of cooking?  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes,... she is an excellent cook !...  Smiley
Fixes: 125

I had a similar experience to shutter except it was using the local rag in the late 80's early 90's.
I went out with a French and a Polish girl as well as a few others and finally met someone (English) who became my wife. Sadly that didn't work so well and we eventually divorced.
I met the current Mrs Mav by accident on the 'net. After several months of chatting on Yahoo I decided to take the plunge and fly out to see her in Ukraine. She used an online translator for our Yahoo chats and, at the time we met, I had no knowledge of the Russian language. SWMBO couldn't understand spoken English at all so for the first week or so I would write on a note pad in English which she could understand to some extent as I kept it to simple, short sentences. She would then use a Russian/English dictionary and write her reply back to me. Anyone watching probably thought we were both deaf or dumb Cheesy But it actually worked quite well and soon she began to speak more English.
The rest, as they say, is history Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Thunderclap
Grafter

Cool You could always go on Take Me Out
Your status is...
Smiley    Stacey - White
Cheesy    Lotiisha - Red
Angry    Debz - Red
Sad    Bebe - White
Shocked    Lambrini - White
Huh    Cassie - Red
Tongue    Preeti - White
Embarrassed    Ammonia - Red
Undecided    Tiffany - White
Kiss    Porsche - Red
Cry    Kylie - White

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mention of Cilla, I heard she had teamed up with Brooklyn Decker (Film Battleship) to form an equipment hire company called Cilla and Brooklyn Cheesy
Community Veteran

A friend of mine is on Come Dine With Me this week Smiley
Fixes: 125

Cool. I quite like CDWM if only for Dave Lamb's caustic commentary.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still