cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would YOU fight for Gaza?

Thunderclap
Grafter

Would YOU fight for Gaza?

Lib Dem David Ward tweeted on Tuesday, "The big question is - if I lived in #Gaza would I fire a rocket? - probably yes".
An [ anonymous ]  Lib Dem spokesman said the MP's remarks would be treated as a "disciplinary issue".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28424396
So if you were a Palestinian, would you be studying for a degree in rocket science too?
107 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Would YOU fight for Gaza?

Which are the oppressed population?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Discretion advised!  Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: Thunderclap
So if you were a Palestinian, would you be studying for a degree in rocket science too?

Seriously? What kind of comment is that?
This thread is going to go downhill very quickly.
nanotm
Pro

no but then I would of left the region the second I could travel out of it in the hopes I would live long enough to grow old and grey.
the problem is the lack of self preservation these people show, far to ready to blow themselves up and stick munitions dumps under schools or rocket batteries on hospitals or mortar firing bases in the middle of housing complexes and then complain loudly about those nasty jews who destroyed the buildings and killed all the occupants in an airstrike .....

they are self destructive and nothing will change as long as the entire population supports these lunatics and the Israelis keep responding with like for like attacks.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
no but then I would of left the region the second I could travel out of it in the hopes I would live long enough to grow old and grey.

You would be a willing to be a refugee your whole life? So how would you explain to your children and their children about those who could never escape because they are blockaded 24-7 by tanks, warships and America's domestic hysteria against muslims? Wll you stop your teenage children running away to join Hamas or ISIS, because they feel they owe a duty to their father's homeland? But then isn't Gaza a refugee camp anyway?
Community Veteran

and then complain loudly about those nasty jews who destroyed the buildings and killed all the occupants in an airstrike .....

I really do think that this kind of statement has no place here!  Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

When two groups of people, who cannot peacefully co-exist (for whatever reason), lay claim to the same territory then fighting is a pretty inevitable outcome.
Each side believes they are morally right to claim the land as their own and neither is prepared to live under the rule of the other.
Any form of division will lead to claims of the other side unfairly getting too much (or taking part that is important to the other side).
Peaceful co-existence under joint rule would be the ideal but it certainly seems an impossible dream for the foreseeable future.
Without 'taking sides' I can sympathise more with the plight of the ordinary Palestinians than with the Israelis but my view is based solely on what I've seen reported in the news.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is vicious circle.
The more Israel tries to defend itself and stop Hamas, the more innocent people are killed in Palestine. Those innocent people who have lost friends and family, become aggrieved and support Hamas - either politically or militarily.
Israel has the right to defend itself, but the collateral damage of defending oneself means you create more people that want to attack you.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: Thunderclap

You would be a willing to be a refugee your whole life? So how would you explain to your children and their children about those who could never escape because they are blockaded 24-7 by tanks, warships and America's domestic hysteria against muslims? Wll you stop your teenage children running away to join Hamas or ISIS, because they feel they owe a duty to their father's homeland? But then isn't Gaza a refugee camp anyway?

your aware that 90% of the people living in gazza and the westbank came there as refugees from beirut ? since that civil war is now ended theres no good reason for them not ot have gone home, the PLO was the group fighting for the right to be independent cities in Israel as per the 1946 accord but the argument is they lost that right when they took part in the 6 day war on the other side and lost so they should either join there allies over the border in Syria/Lebanon or shut up and sit down like good people, more recently it was agreed to annex them from the rest of isreal and work started to build a security wall to that end to protect both sides from each other, there were several court hearings and that was stopped and blow me if they didn't start lobbing ordnance at each other on a daily basis again ....
Hamas doesn't want peace it wasn't to eradicate the Jews, they on the other hand don't want to follow the footsteps of Hitler and commit genocide so they try to launch strategic attacks but in the end they always get massive collateral casualties because the terrorists always place there equipment in what should be protected structures like schools and hospitals or in housing blocks leaving the Israelis with no option but to cause collateral damage which only serves to strengthen the numbers in the ranks of Hamas and its wider support group .....
a perpetual cycle can only end with one side or the other gaining total dominance (which means complete annihilation of the looser

@nozzer
its called mimicry and its certainly mimicking what the news reporters said in there pro red sea pedestrian reports last night 
Community Veteran

your aware that 90% of the people living in gazza and the westbank came there as refugees from beirut ?

More nonsense.
TORPC
Grafter

No - No - Noooo I would not
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Aren't the Israeli's also refugees (from Egypt?)?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Exodus
your aware that 90% of the people living in gazza and the westbank came there as refugees from beirut ?

I certainly doubt it's anything like 90%.
Was this great area of land (Palestine / Canaan / Israel / Gaza ....) previously empty of population before being 'invaded' by various refugee groups?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: AndyH

More nonsense.

the fact they moved there after being displaced and called refugees back in 1948 and every male descendant has since called themselves a Palestinian doesn't preclude there not having been born there or that they lived in a nice house in a city a few hundred miles away until it descended into civil war and they once again fled as a group, similar things have happened more recently with people fleeing the Syrian conflict.
personally I don't consider someone who is born in a different country 3 generations later as being a refugee, unless there living in refugee camps and that people somehow cling to some misguided belief that they can kick all the Jewish settlers out of Israel and take it back is somewhat of a stupid notion, that they continue to call themselves Palestinians and refuse to accept they are now Syrian or Lebanese etc despite carrying passports from that nation living and working in that nation (until displaced by war) is rather similar to the individuals around the world who despite having taken citizenship still call themselves by the country of birth of there grand parents and still refuse to properly integrate into local society on those grounds ....
Community Veteran

Quote from: AndyH

More nonsense.
Worth a read to clarify: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_refugee