cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wotto Lotto Lotto ! I`ve Done IT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Wotto Lotto Lotto ! I`ve Done IT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

WOW... Finally, done it..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Got all SIX NUMBERS ON THE LOTTERY
taken me since it started, but I have finally managed to get every one of my numbers drawn by the lottery........
Unfortunately not all on  the same ticket....  Cry
17 REPLIES
thejudge
Grafter

Re: Wotto Lotto Lotto ! I`ve Done IT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I often get six numbers...
...spread over five lines.  Sad
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
WOW... Finally, done it..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Unfortunately not all on  the same ticket....  Cry

..........and I was just about to remind you what good friends we are Roll eyes Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I once had all six numbers on two adjacent lines on the one ticket; Won £20 but not really a consolation prize.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Best I ever had was four numbers. It was good that week as four was worth around £110.
I'm best at bad luck. Way back when I asked to join my works pools syndicate and they said OK start next week. Yes you've guessed it they won big that week.
What they won would seem not that much nowadays but then it was good for a house, new car, holiday, and some money left in the bank.
If you're wondering I decided against joining the following week. Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I once ran a 62 member lottery syndicate (at work) for three years. The best we ever had was one single 4 number win that paid out that week £87 (total not each) when I closed the syndicate there were 43 members remaining, some left the employ some just gave up, some were ejected for not paying their dues for a long time (difficult one that with work colleagues)
A proper bank account was opened for the syndicate and members paid in 3 months in advance.
You may think that with all those lines we would at least have a couple of 3 number wins most weeks. But sadly no, we would be lucky to have one once a month. the longest being 13 weeks without a win. The plan was to have a Christmas share out each year, for two of those years there was not enough in the kitty to give each member £3 each.
When the syndicate closed there was a kitty with £4.50ish for each remaining member, a majority voted to pay the closing balance to the Life Boat fund.
Edit: we had one line with 1,2,3,4,5,6 it proved to be one of the most successful lines in the syndicate.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I got 3 numbers up on the very first lottery draw. Done the lottery ever since.  I've had many 3 number wins and a handful of 4 number wins as well.  Best I won was £93 one week.
Community Veteran

Bit sad I know, I've never bought a lottery ticket, not sure even how to go about it. Embarrassed
Bought a scratch card once, luck would have it I was walking down the street "scratching the card" when (not looking where I was going) stumbled and dropped the coin I was scratching with which rolled into the nearest drain. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Lost the £1 on the scratch card and the 2p I was scratching with............took that to be an omen. Cry

Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
I got 3 numbers up on the very first lottery draw.

Funnily enough, I know or knew several people who did that...not me though sadly.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

The odds of winning the jackpot used to be quoted as 14,000,000 to 1 don't know if that's the same now. It has a worldwide following, my future son-in-law plays it in New Zealand.
But I wonder what the odds are for picking all 7 including the bonus ball, is there any provision for somebody doing that?

nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Petlew
But I wonder what the odds are for picking all 7 including the bonus ball, is there any provision for somebody doing that?

Put the idea to Camelot and you may get a finders fee.
I've played by DD for a few years so winnings also go straight into my account. As I use MS Money I can also see how much I'm out of pocket but I only do it for charity  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Chances of winning are slim, millions of people play each week but it's not uncommon for the jackpot not to be won for weeks.
Imagine going up to a total stranger and guessing his telephone number and that's likely to be no more than 6 digits compared to the 49 per line in the lottery !
Best we ever got was 4 numbers and my daughter got 4 numbers and the bonus ball but we live in hope.
Community Veteran

There's a man in our village that won the jackpot a few years ago.  I can't remember the amount but it was enough for him to buy a house for himself and a few of his family.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
we live in hope.

I know some good people who live in Hope, alas to my knowledge none have every won a lottery prize Roll eyes Roll eyes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope,_Derbyshire
My sister does the lottery has the same set numbers every week PLUS a random selection chosen by Camelot (How does that work?)
One week her Random selection was exactly the same as her 'same set of numbers', wonder what the chances of that happening are (she has the two tickets framed – both lost).
Then there is the family (sic) joke, where a wife records the lottery from one Draw, buys a ticket with those winning numbers on it and replays the recording instead of playing the real draw the following week. She gave her husband the "winning" ticket prior to the draw.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I won a tenner once (after buying 10 lines) and took that refund in good faith. Only played small amounts once or thrice since.
OH won £75 on a scratchcard once though and that was such a huge relief as we didn't have enough money to see us through that month due to an unexpected complication. That win just about got us through.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!