cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst program on TV

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Worst program on TV

What is the worst program on Television?

Tricky question really as if it's that bad then you are hardly likely to be watching it to give a honest opinion.

Based on some of the short clips I have seen or programs mentioned in the press I would never watch,

any program that observed a group of people living together.

Coronation St, East Enders or anything in that vein.

What would you not want to watch ?

29 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Worst program on TV

For one, anything that has 'Celebrity' in the title as it's usually a bunch of broken down old has beens that are on it, drivel like Towie and its ilk for another.

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

one born every min ....... i dont watch it but the wife always has it on.. all i can hear is preg women screaming in labour........ makes the hairs on my neck stand every time :S

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Fixes: 125

Any 'reality' shows.

Most American sitcoms with the exception of The Big Bang Theory.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

G3WYP
Grafter

My opinion is a very appropriately named programme "Pointless Celebrities"

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I used to watch the mainstream version Pointless, but it got to the point that I found Richard Osman insufferable, as he was quite condescending and patronising to the contestants. This became more and noticeable as he became more known when he started to appear on other shows, I think it might have inflated his ego a bit.

Maybe I'm making too much out of this, I know I'm an (*) and I'll be the first to admit it but last year I watched 'Child Genius' on C4 and it was entertaining; this year I didn't bother as he was presenting it. Having said that I like 'Have I got news for you', but I don't find Paul Merton funny in the slightest but I still watch. However, he was doing a series on 'Request Stops' on the UK's railways so I though I'd watch the first episode as the trailers looked interesting and I really enjoyed it (the whole series), and I'd watch the next series if there is one.

Of course there are some people I simply wouldn't watch:- Keith Lemon, Ricky Gervais to name but two, both of which are a waste of air.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Hard to decide really, I've lost interest in all broadcast telly, but I guess there's scripted "reality" TV (you know the sort, that towie thing, merkin stuff like storage hunters, that kind of scripted fakeness called "reality"), soap dramas, repeats of repeats that are repeatedly repeated, period dramas, sports, zombie & vampire stuff, and plenty more...

Fixes: 47

Take Me Out springs to mind and of course Big Brother.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

Now why should we take you and your big brother outWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

PowerLee
Rising Star

I saw a trailer for a new show coming soon on TLC.

Katie Price pony club.

The trailer was more then enough to convince me not to bother watching or setting the pvr.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

big brother Crazy2CrazyCrazyFunnyTicked off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Personally I think big brother, any of the "chat" shows on day time tv, and the flog it type programs.
Or just make that 90% of the current output of the TV channels.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Everything on MTV. There are no music videos anymore.. its just all trash TV now.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

salmo
Rising Star

So many programmes that I would not watch. However whilst visiting some relatives I had to watch a programme called Gogglebox. To me this was the worst programme that I'd seen this year but they raved over it. Other programmes I don't watch are soaps, any reality programmes, any celebrity get me out type, and any programme with Jeremy Clarkson or Richard Osman in it.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@salmo

Interesting comment about you having to watch gogglebox whilst visiting relatives.

If anyone visits us such as friends or relatives we always switch the TV off, granted if it's something we really want to watch we would either record it or view it later using chromecast.

If I ever visited someone and they left the TV on whilst I was there that is the last time I would visit them at home, it's like saying watching TV is more important than your company.

I fully accept I might be biased on this issue and would stress my comments are no way referring to either yourself or your family