cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Christmas present

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Worst Christmas present

I couldn't help but notice the DM article about the tell tale signs you don't like a Christmas present. What was your worst present this year? We promise we'll keep your secret.  Wink
Mine was a pair of right-handed nail scissors (I'm a lefty). 
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Worst Christmas present

Two and a half hours enforced purgatory, watching a pantomime of snow white & seven dwarfs, where the p.a. system was more geared up to wembley, rather than an "intimate" olde worlde theatre. Sad  we were 5 rows back from the orchestra pit )....
I was thankful I wear hearing aids, and could take them out,.... but they must have cranked up the power output about 20 mins in, because I had to press  my fingers to my ears, but could still hear far too much.... had a cracking headache,
Bah Humbug..... 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

8 x AA rechargeable batteries.
I used to have some for a hobby of mine - they had to be charged together to ensure they had the correct voltage / supply abilities. Did this matter to my missus when she started helping herself to them on days out for her camera? absolutely not.
So 3.5 years later she decides that she's finally going to replace them.. and give them to me as a xmas gift - nice touch don't you think? having my own damaged stuff being given back as a gift - and apparently i should be grateful  Roll eyes
Of course the downside is that the other part that is on the RX end of the transmitter has been sat there so long i think the lipo battery is now dead too so i still don't get to use it  Angry
Gonna chuck it all in the bin with MY (her) batteries included if it don't recharge and work... i'm fed up of living a life of false hope and carrot dangling.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: 7up
Of course the downside is that the other part that is on the RX end of the transmitter has been sat there so long i think the lipo battery is now dead too so i still don't get to use it  Angry

Why not just replace the LiPo? They're ten a penny now, take it out of her favoured purchases (shoes, clothes, smellies, etc.) budget... Grin
Community Veteran

I could but i shouldn't have to should I  Roll eyes I've not been able to use the thing for years (unemployment also limited my ability to replace batteries myself) and then after 3 or so years she replaces them as a xmas gift / mickey take... leaving me with the LiPo thats still appearing to be screwed from lack of use / charging for so long  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
I could but i shouldn't have to should I  Roll eyes

Well, it's one of them things you have to put up with doing when in a relationship, having your hobbies spoiled and all...  Grin
Community Veteran

One thing I did get from the Xmas wishlist was a 1TB drive. The old 350 GB drive could not keep up with modern life. To help the missus find the right drive I'd given a couple of website links to the "correct" product. On Christmas Day I received two disk drives identical apart from the serial numbers. Any suggestions as to what can be done with the spare drive?
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Any suggestions as to what can be done with the spare drive?

If the first one's for a desktop, why not just stick it in there with it? Given that file sizes are increasing at a fast rate these days, 2TB of storage will probably be gobbled up in no time... Smiley
Community Veteran

I still struggle to use 100gb so I struggle to understand you people who talk about 1tb lol
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Put your other half's photographs on the drive along with  the software on the disk that allows you to alter the photos then you will no longer be struggling to use the 100gb.
Community Veteran

I only install software on the c drive. Seems pointless to install on another drive as when it comes to a windows reinstall that softwares registry keys are a gonna...
Community Veteran

It's not the software that takes up space, it's storing things like photos, videos, music, software installers, drivers, disc images, etc., that mounts up, my old Pentium4 server's got about 400GB (actual values are probably about 350 due to the way microsoft formats HDDs) and it's pretty much full, and there's not actually a lot on it, just TV and movies... Huh
Community Veteran

My downfall was a Nikon Camera with photo's at circa 14 MB per shot. They soon mount up.
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
14 MB per shot

Shocked
And I thought the 1.5 to 2.5MB per picture from my Galaxy S3 was huge................. Shocked
Community Veteran

Quote from: twocvbloke
there's not actually a lot on it, just TV and movies... Huh

Ahh see i don't really have much in the way of that stuff.. gave up years ago with p2p on plusnet lol