cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Cup - ouch my ears

David_W
Rising Star

World Cup - ouch my ears

I've been looking forward to the WC starting and now I'm wishing it hadn't.  That incessant buzzing sound is like a swarm of angry bees for 45 minutes and is really removing enjoyment for me from the game, I dread to think what the players are feeling like after that noise.
Why doesn't ITV/BBC filter out the horrific buzzing noise?  Another 45 minutes of this SA match, another match later, buzz buzz buzz, arghh, I can hardly hear the commentators over the buzz!
38 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: World Cup - ouch my ears

See what you mean, Can the players etc hear that? A stray jacket will be required, Perhaps a few thousand actually. Cry
Fixes: 47

I'm guessing all the visiting players wear ear plugs.
Which probably means they won't hear the ref's whistle Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

Oh dear, I was hoping that the Forum would be "World Cup Free".....................only just started and I am fed up of it.......................  Sad
David_W
Rising Star

Theres only a month of it left, not sure I can take a month of that buzzing though.  It really is distracting from the game, I can still hear the buzzing and the match is over!
Steve
Pro

Apart from the buzzing I managed to catch the last half hour of the game, The last ten minutes were brill. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

What was that noise?
I tried to listen on the radio, the buzzing drowned out the commentary. Gave up after 10 minutes.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just heard a snatch on the News, its all those silly b's who have escaped from Artmo's Tennis thread Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
Steve
Pro

Good one P.P. Grin
Community Veteran

Vuvuzela. Each to their own. Think I preferred Kwela.
Gabe
David_W
Rising Star

There is a huge difference between ambience of a crowd with cheering and singing, and that whining droning angry bee sound.  I love the ambience of the Wales v England rugby at Millennium Stadium, cheering, shouting, singing "bread of heaven" adds to the occasion and you get to feel with the crowed when they roar as Williams breaks through and runs to score a try then the ARGHHH as he gets taken down 1 meter short.  The crowd, the cheering, it's part of a game but it's drowned out by that horrific noise.
I'm hopefull it's just SA matches that'll be that noisy, find out at 7pm and if the BBC don't filter it, I dunno, I'll have to choose my matches instead of watching them all, or complain to the BBC.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not much hope
Vuvuzela: SA football's beautiful noise
What's plastic, a metre long, brightly coloured and sounds like an elephant? It's the vuvuzela, the noise-making trumpet of South African football fans, and it's come to symbolise the sport in the country.
It's an instrument, but not always a musical one. Describing the atmosphere in a stadium packed with thousands of fans blowing their vuvuzelas is difficult. Up close it's an elephant, sure, but en masse the sound is more like a massive swarm of very angry bees.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

not much hope

As David W implies part of the whole craic of going to a match was the chants, cheering, jeering and singing (and the humour that went with it), shame for it to be spolit by a mass plastic trumpets.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

WC (what a lovely abbreviation to use for the next month ! ! )  Cheesy Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Bless my PVR for all the good programs on it