Did you mean: 

Women drivers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Women drivers

9 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Women drivers

She only jumped by seconds so I am wondering whether she had her eye on a pedestrian light that went red and, instead of just getting ready to move off, actually went.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

No spacial awareness!  Cool
Geoff,
York.

Oh, tell me about it...
SWMBO managed £2100 damage to my 13 reg Zafira last week Roll eyes

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hands up those who had to help a (stranger) driver park in a multi-storey car park. After she attempted a 19 point turn to park next to my car I offered to help and did it first try. The most difficult part was not smirking afterwards.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Mav
She only jumped by seconds

Can't believe you said that Mav. long enough for another vehicle to be making a turn across her path from her left.
Jumping lights whether at green or amber/red is not acceptable, serious accident can and do occur because of it.
Incidentally, what does the amber light before red mean?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

It was an observation of what happened, not an approval of her stupid actions.
Maybe I should have worded it "As she only jumped by seconds I am wondering...".
Quote from: Petlew
Incidentally, what does the amber light before red mean?

From the Highway code: RED AND AMBER also means ‘Stop’. Do not pass through or start until GREEN shows.
But we all knew that, didn't we Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

So what do you do if the Red light is stuck on Red ? Or stuck on Red/Amber .?
I Have come across this a few times over the years and in particular at temporary traffic lights where road works are in progress except it's rare to see progress in some cases where no one is about.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Mav, quite right, but a lot of drivers seem to think that amber before red means they have time to get through before they change to red...it doesn't.
At Gleneagles, a tricky one that can only be dealt with locally. I was under the impression that lights were programmed to default to red in all directions in the event of a fault. However no doubt the law would not be on your side if you decided to jump them and were caught doing so.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

I think a lot of drivers see the lights as RED: On your Marks, RED/AMBER: Get Set, GREEN: Go!