cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woman rides horse in tesco, but what is / was she referring to ??

TORPC
Grafter

Woman rides horse in tesco, but what is / was she referring to ??

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/05/woman-horse-supermarket-neknomination-challenge
Description
A young woman named Inky Ralph,
Chose to ride her horse through Tesco in,
St Helen, Auckland, Bishop, Auckland as part of the
"neknomination" craze that is sweeping the world

"At this stage we are trying to establish what criminal offences might have been committed and discussions have taken place with the RSPCA in regards to the welfare of the horse.
6 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Woman rides horse in tesco, but what is / was she referring to ??

Maybe she though Tesco were buying horse meat?
Community Veteran

" trying to establish what offences might have been committed"  and if we can't find any, i'm sure we can make some up.
silly, if somewhat careless, bit of fun during which nothing untoward appears to have happened and everyone gets their knickers in a knot over it.  are we all getting a humour bypass, or is it just those who think themselves in charge?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artificer
" trying to establish what offences might have been committed"  and if we can't find any, i'm sure we can make some up.

Yup and thats what worries me about the police in this country and the future of the country - the nastiness of the police trying to find something to bust you for.
In truth they could do her for being a public nuisance but they'd have to prove it so they're clearly looking for a more damaging prosecution.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: TORPC
"At this stage we are trying to establish what criminal offences might have been committed and discussions have taken place with the RSPCA in regards to the welfare of the horse.

Did anyone see any harm come to the horse ?Huh
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artificer
silly, if somewhat careless, bit of fun during which nothing untoward appears to have happened and everyone gets their knickers in a knot over it.  are we all getting a humour bypass, or is it just those who think themselves in charge?

I'm pretty certain that its covered under the road traffic act unless it got removed during labours term in office, then theres the health and hygiene regulations concerning livestock in prepared food sales areas, and finally if the horse turned one out there would be a couple of relevant charges relating to that as well.....
looking into what offence to charge the miscreant with (aside from trespass, since the security guard attempted to stop her entering the premises) is probably more about is it worth all the paperwork and will a prosecution do anything to prevent future stupidity of completing dares issued through social media ......
and finally they can do the idiot nominating others to complete dares for inciting a public nuisance and promoting law breaking ......
I'd suggest that whilst it might appear as harmless fun /stupidity it could so easily be different, and anyone who receives a dare through social media and then completes it probably wants their head examined.....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

I have just ordered a X-Ray Machine from the funds that I didn't receive from that Arabian prince because my bank failed to send the money that was required up front Roll eyes  Cheesy