cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wished you had kept it ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Wished you had kept it ?

When I was in my teens I had a couple of motor bikes one was a  Matchless 350 that after a lot of haggling bought of a mate for £35.
Looking on e bay similar machines are going for around £3,000.  Wish I had kept it.
Is there anything you sold or got rid of that you wish you had kept either for financial or personal reasons ?
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Wished you had kept it ?

Plenty of things, but there's no point dwelling on what ifs and could haves, can't change the decisions of the past without a time machine and telling your younger self to do or not do something... Grin
Fixes: 124

But if you could go back in time to tell your younger self not to get rid of stuff then the need to go back in time would not exist so you wouldn't go back and you'd still throw things out. Usual paradox Cheesy
I wish I'd kept all my comics and books from when I was a child. Think my mum may still have much of my early (primary) school work. I'd love to see that again Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Look at all the stuff, not that old, that if still in original boxes is worth a fortune.
Hindsight would have had me buying dinky and corgi cars, never open the box, etc.
Let's be careful out there !
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Wish i still had my collection of  vinyl LP,s  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
But if you could go back in time to tell your younger self not to get rid of stuff then the need to go back in time would not exist so you wouldn't go back and you'd still throw things out. Usual paradox Cheesy

Yep, part of the reason time travel into the past is impossible, the self-correction paradox, can't say the same for the future though, though I'm sure that something similar could occur... Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
When I was in my teens I had a couple of motor bikes one was a  Matchless 350 that after a lot of haggling bought of a mate for £35.
Looking on e bay similar machines are going for around £3,000.  Wish I had kept it.
Is there anything you sold or got rid of that you wish you had kept either for financial or personal reasons ?

Gordon Bennet! I sold a 1950's Matchless 350 nearly 40 years ago for £450. It was an early swinging arm model but still had hairspring valve springs!
I rode it the 35 miles through to York when we moved here in 1975 and sold it shortly afterwards.
Memories!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

I had a car with the registration HAR75Y (Hartsy) - that number plate would have been worth more than I paid for the car.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: rongtw

I do, but no idea if they have any real value.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 124

I've got lots of vinyl picture discs both 7" and 12" including some that are of various shapes. I've often wondered if they have any value as I am sure they must have limited the number pressed. I've still got one album bought in the late 70's/early 80's that has never been played and still has the original cellophane wrapping on it Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Kremmen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ah, time travel. My theory is that it will never be possible or we would have people here now from the future probably winning the lottery.
Let's be careful out there !
Community Veteran

It's the self-correction paradox, those who attempted to win the lottery in the past did so, but because they did they had no need to go back in time so didn't and therefore didn't win any money so had to go back in time to win so they wouldn't have to travel back in time, ad infinitum............. Shocked
Community Veteran

Quote from: rongtw

I still have my collection of vinyl LPs but never play them. I sometimes wonder why I keep them all. I keep meaning to transfer them to DVD - but that's another story Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I never really had a lot in my younger years to really loose / miss so i'd say no.
There was the first car though.. renault megane.. i loved that little ****heap despite everything going wrong with it constantly and having a really **** clutch. I once saw it at work going round a roundabout.. looked in the mirror and recognised the registration. Shouted at my colleague to go round again, went past him with the window down and shouted "Thats my old car!" - he waved back and smiled lol.
A few months later dvlas website had no record of it so i suppose its a microwave by now  Cry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

It seems that the real value is in brand new, unplayed, sealed records so the fact that I've had the stupidity to open and play mine has wiped hundreds off the value of my small collection Cry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation