Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter driving

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Winter driving

Let this be a lesson to us all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g434EnjOOuU

Warning it is 47 minutes long, due to time constraints I've only got about half way through it. But it is quite ironic that the only British one I've seen so far involves a cyclist.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Winter driving

With the Russian ones it does make you wonder if they wear blinkers as they only seem to look straight ahead.

The sleeping bus driver was frightening.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Driving too fast in the snow and on the wrong side of the road. what's not to be surprised about? Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If that video is anything to go by, it seems everything about driving in russia is optional, braking, stopping at red lights, being sober, looking before overtaking, and of course, driving slowly in adverse weather...

I know where I won't be going on holiday... Grin

Minivanman
Hero

And so many seem to have dash cams, that you have to ask yourself why?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

They have dashcams because of what happens in that video, stupid drivers doing stupid things, the dashcams being used for the police aswell as insurance and injury claims... Smiley

But even here in the UK, dashcams are becoming more and more popular and even get an insurance discount if you have one...

Minivanman
Hero

The downside being of course that they can also show if you were at fault. Undecided

Community Veteran

"Oh, I forgot to put the SD card in it" - Something to remember for that situation for the dishonest... Grin

Fixes: 125

twocvbloke wrote:

If that video is anything to go by, it seems everything about driving in russia is optional, braking, stopping at red lights, being sober, looking before overtaking, and of course, driving slowly in adverse weather...

Add to that just getting out and walking off abandoning the carRoll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Mav wrote:

Add to that just getting out and walking off abandoning the carRoll eyes

We have people who do that around here when parking.

They get roughly in the area of their house then switch off, get out, lock up and go indoors leaving the car 'nearly parked.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation