cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7

nadger
Rising Star

Windows 7

Just spent 3 hours upgrading 17" Toshiba laptop I bought from argos clearance bargains on ebay.
First impressions look good and wonder if they'll realise they only charged £2.95 to my card.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Windows 7

Well you've had it up and running for a while now...hows it looking?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Windows 7

Certainly running better than Vista albeit laptop could cope easily with Vista. Task bar is much neater than Vista and only test I've tried was to time start up to fully running which was 1min45sec.
I'm glad I took up Toshiba offer - will probably be charged full £27.90 that was quoted.
Clearance Bargains supplied a higher spec machine than one on eBay site - obviously having a real clear out as they sold 270 machines in total. Mine came with 3Gb ram and 320Gb drive.
For my £300 I've ended up with 17" screen and dual core Pentium 2.18 running Win7 which can't be bad.
I decided, 2 years ago, to stop sitting upstairs, at PC, and just use laptop downstairs in kitchen diner. For my purposes laptop is adequate and new machine was present to myself for year I've had medically.