cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon

jmd
Grafter

Wimbledon

Did anyone really believe that Murray could beat a top class player?  It would be lovely if he had done so but I do not feel that he is quite ready to get the top title................ another couple of years and I think he will be there.................. however, watching him play I find more interesting than most matches[tennis is not usually exciting].
what do others think? Huh
62 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Wimbledon

Nope, just like every other over hyped tennis player this island has produced.
Why because they are playing in sarf London do we expect them to play far above the level they will ever achieve.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I saw about 20 minutes this evening and not being up on tennis I can't make a proper judgement but he appeared to me to playing a good game but was no match for the older? more experienced Nadal.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yawn
same old same old
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what gets me is the way that BBC changes the schedules.
should have been BBC2 up to 2100 Wimbledon.  BBC 1 the One show then (I watch a program on Sat from Scotland)
what do we get  BBC1 Wimbledon  BBC 2 a program not even scheduled (but from Scotland something completely different including my one that was supposed to be on BBC1)
Last Sunday, same again,  But they moved the news from BBC1 to BBC2, including the local news, trouble is in England we dont get regional BBC2 so we had to watch London Local news. 
How ridiculous
firefly2
Grafter

hey there... don't knock Murry.. he has plenty of good games to come i'm sure. and his brother is doing well in the doubles... thnk that i will give the womens' final a miss tho'.. looks as if it may be the williams sisters.. so not very exciting.  beats cricket  any day..  Roll eyes
James
Grafter

Peter - Of course the BBC are going to keep the programmes running that get higher viewing.  To state that doing so is ridiculous is a touch naive.  You might not like it, but it does make sense.
Josie - I was actually quite surprised how outplayed Murray was, but on the day, his serving was poor and Nadal is just a machine.  His pace and power are just incredible and I don't think anyone, even Federer can touch him this year.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Peter - Of course the BBC are going to keep the programmes running that get higher viewing.  To state that doing so is ridiculous is a touch naive.  You might not like it, but it does make sense.

my point was that Wimbledon was scheduled on BBC2 and at the last minute was changed to BBC1, no tennis was on BBC2 just other programs. how does that make sense
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
my point was that Wimbledon was scheduled on BBC2 and at the last minute was changed to BBC1, no tennis was on BBC2 just other programs. how does that make sense
That winds me up, as well  Angry
Not seen much about Andy's brother Jamie who is reigning Wimbledon mixed doubles champion.
Never mind - Tour de France starts Saturday albeit on lowly ITV4  Cheesy
Edit http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7482241.stm
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Never sure whether to watch the "Live" two hour progs or the "60" highlights over the week ends
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Talking about lowly programming.  ITV have been gradually downgrading some sports.  World Rally Cars is now on Dave, Which is free on Terrestial, but Chargeable on Sky.  Used to be on one of the ITV subs, before that ITV1, now that nearly all soaps
nadger
Rising Star

Doesn't look as if the ITV4 coverage is as good this year - reason for buying first Freeview box was to watch TdF.
Really great being in France when it's on as coverage is, obviously, great. My one claim to fame was being interviewed on French TV at start of 2005 TdF at Challans  Cool
James
Grafter

How good is your French?
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
How good is your French?
Depends on alcohol content  Crazy
Did 'A' level French but, at 73, t'was a long time ago. Spoken is better than written.
People who ran B&B we stayed at for ten holidays, near Challans, spoke no English and that helped. Our daughter, who did 'A' level more recently ( obviously) tells me my grammar stinks.
James
Grafter

Mine was ten years ago Smiley
My written is actually much better than my spoken, but then that's the same with my English, as it just gives me more time to think about and prepare what I'm saying/writing.