Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Wimbledon

I see Wimbledon has started today. On bbc1 and bbc2 all day!! So hope you all like tennis. Dont dislike a bit of tennis but if you dont like it hard cheese you cant watch bbc for a bit. Of course the cherry on the icing tomorow is that on bbc1 tomarrow the tennis is followed by womens world cup football so hard lines if your not a sports fan...Might watch the footie but if not have a box set of Dinnerladies to watch. I know wich will be betterSmileyWink

6 REPLIES 6
Crunchie
Rising Star

Re: Wimbledon

Yeah, we like the tennis.  Only really watch Wimbledon though.  I'm not too worried about watching an hour or two of it in the evenings.

Pete
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not sports fan m'self but at this time of the year the Mrs is glued to the TV.

Do find it irritating though when it turns into a sort of BBC box set fest with a weeks viewing given over to say 80s pop music, football, Glasto and dare I say it, some all night charity fund raising event.

Always the option to switch channels and watch yet another peak time repeat which according to one report had risen 65% last year. Roll_eyes

Still, as long as it keeps Mrs Minivanman happy.

'Another cuppa Mrs?'

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t care for it (being most sports in general) myself, and to be honest it is annoying when the channels are saturated with it (be that tennis, football, concerts) and the normal schedule takes the hit. But so long as I see the highlights and know the score for what I do like I’m content. I wouldn’t go to a live match / game so I’m not going to park myself in front of the TV for one either.

artmo
Community Veteran

We already have a Wimbledon thread here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Summer-Tennis-Queen-s-and-Wimbledon/m-p/1651092#M258716

Could a mod please merge this thread so that anyone with anything to discuss on Wimbledon can do so at the above thread?

Thank you.

TTman
Seasoned Champion

@artmo Sorry I had forgoten that you had started a tennis threadSad The point I was making is that it on both channels anyone who is not a sports fan has no choice. I am not a big fan but do like to watch some of the matchesand would be disapointed if it was not at least on one chanel but think the other chanel should be a choice to watch something else(probably a repeat knowing the bbc). They have the red button to show other matches. So enjoy your matches and I will dip in and out and will enjoy the bits I watch.Thumbs_UpThumbs_Up

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

There is always someone trying to pass the ball into someone else's court.

Wink

We are born into history and history is born into us.