Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon Tennis to remain FTA on the BBC until at least 2024

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Wimbledon Tennis to remain FTA on the BBC until at least 2024

Tennis fans received a boost last week as the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club announced it had extended its contract with the BBC, guaranteeing free-to-air coverage of Wimbledon fortnight until 2024.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-4480526/Wimbledon-continue-shown-BBC-TV-2024.html?ITO=...

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Wimbledon Tennis to remain FTA on the BBC until at least 2024

Ah wimbledon, the time of the year I used to go and watch my favourite scheduled programme, only to end up saying, "Oh FFS, not that bleedin' tennis rubbish again!!!"...

Makes me glad I don't watch TV these days, youtube has far more to offer... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

The problem I find with YouTube is their recommendations are really bad, because you can share and use other peoples videos its not long until you see repeats, then the fact that a lot of them lie to get views doesn't help with titles like 'All New, 2017' or 'New May 2017' then when you click on them you've either just seen them or they're years old!

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Or to look at it in that glass half empty way, they are giving five years notice after then it will not be. Wink

Having said that and although it's good news for tennis fans, I do not know one end of a racket from another so wall to wall coverage is going to irritate the hell out of this licence payer.

On the glass half fun side, Mrs Minivanman adorers the game so at least the ironing will get done as she stands in front of the television!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

Presumably it will be assigned to the Red Button like Snooker is.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Mook wrote:

The problem I find with YouTube is their recommendations are really bad, because you can share and use other peoples videos its not long until you see repeats, then the fact that a lot of them lie to get views doesn't help with titles like 'All New, 2017' or 'New May 2017' then when you click on them you've either just seen them or they're years old!

I don't really go by what youtube recommends, as some of them are clickbait (I.E. title & thumbnail having nothing to do with the actual video) or as you say it tends to be clipshows of stuff I've seen many times, instead I go for videos where it's one person and their camera doing things (repairing things, showing how stuff works, waffling about things in life, etc.) or gaming videos made by entertaining people, with all the subscriptions I have, it's replaced the repeatsbox quite nicely... Smiley