cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon - Federer or Roddick?

Community Veteran

Wimbledon - Federer or Roddick?

Andy Murray has won the Aegon Tounament at the Queen's Club this afternoon.  First British winner for 71 years.  What chance of a Wimbledon winner next month Grin
178 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Murray wins at Queen's Club

Hmm doubtful.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

The winner at Queen's often goes on to win at Wimbledon.  Murray has been second favourite in the betting odds all week even before today's win so the bookies think so too.  He certainly played convincingly enough this afternoon  Smiley

I'm just tired and grumpy, you'll have to excuse me Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

No worries, you're entitled to your opinion.  Why grumpy?Huh
Community Veteran

If he wins he will be the British Champion, if he looses the Scottish runner up or whatever  Wink
He's a bit grumpy, but he did have cause for a difficult childhood as he was Dunblane Primary school at the time of the shootings .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_Massacre
Community Veteran

He also had a great upbringing in Spain so maybe he should put the past behind him and look to the future.  He's certainly our best hope of  a Wimbledon champion for the foreseeable future.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran

Since winning this afternoon his odds to win Wimbledon have shortened to 9/2 as second favorite.  I got 6/1 on him yesterday Smiley  He'd better win with my money riding on him Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mal0z
If he wins he will be the British Champion, if he looses the Scottish runner up or whatever 

Yes, there is a slightly nasty habit of doing that, which I have to say is largely media driven. However, Murray himself sometimes doesn't do himself any favours in that direction, choosing to be British or Scottish depending which side of bed he got out of. Personally, as an Englishman I have no problem with him wanting to play for Scotland and be proud of it, why shouldn't he?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Yes he has been rather a sour puss at times, but he seems to be improving - maybe he has had some media training !
Community Veteran

He has to have a reasonably good chance of reaching his seeded position No.3.  After that anything else is a bonus.  Good luck Andy, I'll be routing for you.
Community Veteran

I think a lot will depend on how fit Nadal is.  He's playing an exhibition match on Friday to see how his knee is.
Community Veteran

Nadal  has announced that he won't play at Wimbledon.  This certainly helps Murray's chances of getting to the final Grin Grin

Yeah they would have met in the semi's, got to make it a bit easier.... assuming he gets that far Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks