cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimbledon 2013

Community Veteran

Wimbledon 2013

The two main English grass court tennis Tournaments start tomorrow with the Aegon Championships at Queen's Club and Wimbledon which starts on 24th June. Queen's can be seen on BBC2 each afternoon.
My  money is on Djokovic for Wimbledon again.  If Murray is fully fit he could do well.
We also have an up and coming player in Kyle Edmund who won the junior doubles in Paris yesterday.   He will make his ATP World Tour debut at Queen's tomorrow. He comes from Beverley, East Yorkshire, although he is South African born.  Good Luck to him Smiley

104 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Tennis at Queen's Club and Wimbledon

You are forgetting 2 other UK grass court events, both warm up events for Wimbledon and sponsored by Aegon
Community Veteran

I did say the two main grass court tournaments as I think you may agree Eastbourne and Nottingham  are not in the same league.  I think Edmund started his career at Nottingham if I remember rightly.  I've never been to Nottingham or Eastbourne, have you?  My club runs a coach to Eastbourne every year but I've never been.
itsme
Grafter

Yes they are and it's Eastbourne and Edgbaston.
Community Veteran

Sorry I forgot about Edgbaston.
I missed the French Final yesterday so also missed this bit of trouble on court:
French Open
itsme
Grafter

it's mentioned in the article that Nadal shook hands with the bodyguard but it does not give the full story that Nadal made sure to thank him and shake hands by following him a few steps and calling him back.
randpwar
Grafter

I do take an interest in top flight tennis, especially I suppose as Andy Murray is usually involved in the later stages of most big tournaments, but I also take a keen interest in British Men’s participation in the lower echelon Challenger and Futures tournaments. Dan Evans had a good run to the Q/F of the Nottingham Challenger last week, earning himself a Queen’s wildcard, and there is another Nottingham Challenger this week that I’ll have an eye on
&artmo…I know you’ve been to Wimbledon before, going this year?
kdoug007
Grafter

murray  i guess will play  wendesday..queens  club
to be  honest  , i  dont  give  him a  chance  to  reach the wimbledon final  this  year..
Apart  from a  reported  back  problem,,  he  really  hasnt  done well at  all...
apart  from a  Miami  win. losses  at  indian wells..  all the  spain matches and  not  in the french.
  , he  has been  very bad...
Nadal is  unbeatable  right now...
randpwar
Grafter

Evans a set and 4-0 up  Smiley  Smiley
itsme
Grafter

Watching the tennis it's not Pimms weather  Sad
Community Veteran

Quote from: randpwar
&artmo…I know you’ve been to Wimbledon before, going this year?

Yes hopefully.  I have the same seats every year and plan to attend.  Unfortunately I have a meeting in my diary which I am eager to move Wink
Community Veteran

Not a good start at Queen's with the weather.  Murray is playing this afternoon.  Looks like they will be back on court shortly with Murray 6-3 and 2-1 up.
randpwar
Grafter

Very good win again yesterday for Dan Evans against Jarkko Nieminen of Finland.  Nieminen is ranked number 37 in the World. That’s two top 100 players he’s beaten this week although the win against Nieminen is far more impressive as he has some grass pedigree whereas his first round win was against an Argentinian who (apparently)  had never played a game on grass before; but you can only beat what is put in front of you
Community Veteran

Yes, Evans did very well.  Let's hope he keeps it up. He will earn around £6k even if he is knocked out in the next round.  Possibly one of his best pay days.
kdoug007
Grafter

SATurday semi  is  murray v  tsonga!!  queens  club
  just  hope Andy plays  better than  today friday,, or he  could  loose  this one
even if  he  has  won  v  wilfred  7  times...