cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams Sisters

Community Veteran

Williams Sisters

I'm betting on a fourth Venus v Serena Wimbledon final on Saturday and I really wouldn't like to predict the winner.
24 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Williams Sisters

and I don't think anything would bore me more, which is a shame.
The mens competition seems to be producing much closer games.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

You could be right on them both getting there.  This morning's odds are 11/10 for it to happen.
Community Veteran

Venus sure looked good and will take some stopping.
Fixes: 105

Safina is making hard work of it.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

The Seedings committee have got it right this year as far as the Ladies go with all the top four seeds making it through to the semi-finals.
Community Veteran

Both Williams girls have played well this afternoon and I can't see anyone stopping them getting through to Saturday's final Smiley
Community Veteran

Remember, I called it first!!!!
Community Veteran

So you're the one who's driven the odds down to 8/13 (1.6 decimal)  Wink Wink
Community Veteran

I think not!!  With only 4 challengers left, and as the sisters can't meet in the semi's, it looks a safe bet that they'll meet in the final, particularly as both are former champions.
Euge
Grafter

They're sisters? They're built like men, I thought it was odd that two guys were playing in the womens competition.
But seriously it is a bit dull to see them in the final again. They interviewed venus after her game in the QF's and I think she was putting on the out of breath look.
They've been storming through with scores of 6-2 6-1, then the interviewer asks how the game went and whether or not it was tough. A hard question considering the true answer could only be 'no, she offered me no competition whatsoever'. Instead she did a good job of being diplomatic, and quite fairly since against anyone else it likely would have been a tightly fought contest.
Community Veteran

You can't take it from them on results.  They only play about 12 of the mandatory matches now but still turn up at the Grand Slams and manage to perform well.  They are also a well rounded pair of girls who have outside interests mainly in their own fashion businesses.
Community Veteran

Dementieva takes the first set on a tiebreak from Serena.    No matter what Tracey Austin might say, the Dementieva serve has improved substantially since last year and she looks like she could beat Serena.     However write off a Williams sister at your peril!!
Community Veteran

What a fantastic match and all credit to a marvellous performance from Dementieva who, IMHO, was unlucky not to win.  One Williams sister makes the final.
barky
Grafter

another williams vs williams sister match then, both Russians beaten in semi's..... how BORING
would even be more interesting if they 2 of them weren't related