cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you survive ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Will you survive ?

According to news reports it's likely we will have a triple recession in the near future with no chance of anything improving during the next 5 years, assuming services in both the Public and Private sector continue to decline at their current rates what state are you likely to be in before the end of that period ?
Millions of people, most through no fault of their own are sinking further into debt and an increasing number of food banks are being set up around the country so it seems most of us are in for a rough time.
Must admit I have not voted for years but am strongly tempted to vote UKIP next time simply as a protest vote.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Will you survive ?

At the moment we're barely just managing and we're about to take a decrease in income as the SO is going to Uni. Now with me being out of work that leaves us in a pickle. If I can find work we'll be alright but again, we'll still be in a sticky situation.
I really can't see how this can continue to be honest. We have ministers telling us we must have more and more cuts and then they go around spending money on stupid things like stuffing a snake for £10k that was given to the UK government 120 years ago - who's going to even remember it or be offended if it isn't maintained? - Madness.
Then we have the euro MPs who keep milking us. They want to spend more money so they turn to us to finance it and like mugs, we have a leader who bows to their every demand. Then we have the work programme which according to C4 news yesterday, costs £14k per person to run it and only put 2.3% of people in work in 12 months. You might just as well give those claimants that money and tell them to sort themselves out for the better because clearly the government is not managing to do so. That money could keep someones car on the road so they can actually find a job, pay for interview clothes etc.
Instead, we have a bunch of Tory MPs who are convinced that the most important thing is them, their getting rich and the nation subsidising it and being punished because a lot of them are out of work. This country is not going to get better with an attitude like that. The conservatives are draconian with their ideas. Labour are spend thrifts, the Lib Dems are just snakes in the grass.. something has to change.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
... something has to change.

Vive la Révolution!
Community Veteran

Not in this country. People are too lazy - they prefer to moan instead. A fine example is the fuel crisis. Everyone loves moaning about the fuel costs but it took FairFuelUK MONTHS to get a measly 100K signatures about it because people don't really care about it. Compare that to the soldier who's just been banged up for having that firearm at home.. 85K signatures already according to the suns website. Thats the point - people don't really care about fuel prices despite moaning about it daily.
The only people who do care about this country going to pot are the younger generations and does anyone listen to them? No, because apparently they don't understand the world or how business works. No, they understand life and surviving it instead but apparently thats not important. Instead they spoke in the form of rioting.. and were instead brandished as criminals and we as a nation still ignored them.
Did you mention a revolution?
dick:quote
Razer
Grafter

I'm afraid I was mocking, somewhat - not you personally, but the concept of those screaming for change and doing nothing. When you said 'something has to change' it rather put me in mind of exactly what you're talking about; people moaning and moaning, often saying things like "It's disgusting" and "this can't go on" etc. etc. whilst doing exactly nothing. The powers that be will press and press and the people will simply swallow it. Then, like the fools they/we are, there will be another vote for another parliament to create another government who will press and press and the people will swallow it. Then, like the fools they/we are ...
Rats in a wheel. I can't believe people keep on voting, thinking it makes a jot of difference, when all it does is perpetuate the con.
I saw a picture recently, it was of graffiti on a DWP opening times sign (I think it was) which read something to the effect of:
Smash the state! ... Except on dole day.
Rather made me laugh, but it speaks volumes.
Community Veteran

Governments and councils thrive on voter apathy. More people need to get off their backsides and take an interest in what's going on. If someone is taking you for a mug how is doing nothing going to change things? Doing nothing just encourages more parasites to join in at the trough.
I look forward to councilors canvassing at my door. It's my chance to put them on the spot and ask them questions that they haven't bothered to answer via any other method. The trick to getting them really sweating is to smile and casually saunter around them and lean on your front gate, so they can't escape, before you start grilling them.
Don't vote on party lines. Do a bit of research to help you pick the best out of the rubbish. It doesn't take too much effort.
Fixes: 47

If only I could make a difference by my voting but even though I regularly vote I do it in the belief that it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.
I have no influence on world economies as they are not controlled by governments but by higher powers such as investment bankers.
I'm sure I can survive a 5 year recession by careful management of my finances.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yet Rwanda Is about to get a huge lump of cash, Courtesy  of the GB Tax payer.
Community Veteran

I always wonder what would happen if the situation was reversed?
Would anyone help us?
Fixes: 47

Doesn't India get a large cash payment from the UK tax payer even though they have said they don't want or need it
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Community Veteran

Yet we're not cancelling those payments for a few years. I can't help but wonder why? - Cameron insists we're in the **** yet gives money away to those who admit they don't need or want it when we have our own people on the streets starving.
WHY?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer
Vive la Révolution!

Oddly enough I think there will be a revolution at some time in the near future. Not here but in France, anything the French don't like they don't let happen usually by going on strike.
Debt in France is increasing at a considerable rate and if it gets past a certain tipping point like Greece they have had it as the money is simply insufficient to bail out a country like France.
Equally there is no way France will allow the EU to send in others to implement measures that will result in it's citizens giving up their current standards of living.
On a more personal note we are both retired so at least our state pension will (hopefully) continue to be paid but it's anyones guess at what point that will be insufficient to cover the outgoing costs but for now we are ok, at least we have a roof over our heads and don't go hungry or cold unlike thousands of others.
dick:green Quote fixed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
Debt in France is increasing at a considerable rate and if it gets past a certain tipping point like Greece they have had it as the money is simply insufficient to bail out a country like France.

Interesting............................Personal Debt is increasing in Canada at a considerable rate...........and you know who put the infrastructure in place for that to happen!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
I can't help but wonder why?

I suspect a lot of this "help" is no more than the greasing of business palms.
The way some of our MP's behave I wouldn't be at all surprised if some money was used to support "poor" local builders. Building MP's holiday homes.