cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever see an end to council / local authority rebellions?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Will we ever see an end to council / local authority rebellions?

Where would you go?

Most other countries are just as bad or worse.

The good ones are good because they're choosy and don't let all and sundry in.

So unless you are a millionaire the choice is pretty limited.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Steve wrote:

I am pretty fed up with how this country is being run to be honest, i don't blame anyone for leaving the country to live elsewhere. If I could, i would. UK has become a joke.

So why have you been supporting fish face so much then?

Move down here to England Cool smiley

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@billnotben wrote:

So unless you are a millionaire the choice is pretty limited.

Well according to @chenks76 that shouldn't be a problem. @7up I thought about going to Syria to train in something new....Joking btw before I get my door kicked in at 3am.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I thought about the idea of moving to Canada, but at the moment their politics are just as screwed up, and you have to put up with the merkin cars they have over there, little chance of getting a diesel car over there unless it's an old mercedes or VW...

Community Veteran

@Steve wrote:
Well according to @chenks76 that shouldn't be a problem. @7up I thought about going to Syria to train in something new....Joking btw before I get my door kicked in at 3am.

it isn't a problem.

as i said, if you REALLY wanted to leave then you could and would.
talk is cheap, actions count.

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Yes, you are free to go to any EEA country and Switzerland (at least for the moment).  Beyond that there are severe restrictions regarding age, skills etc.  If you have enough funds to support yourself, you'd be welcomed anywhere.  If you can prove that your life is in danger in the UK or you are being discriminated against in some unbearable way, a number of countries might consider your application for asylum.

I wish I'd gone to Australia (or New Zealand) when I had the chance, i.e. was young enough.

Community Veteran

I quite like the thought of new zealand too, Oz is appealling but the spiders and the intense heat would be a big no no for me lol.

Can't go anywhere now i have a kiddy though, not unless "er indoors" agrees to it but that won't happen as she has family that are very close to the little fella too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

New Zealand is a good choice, one of the few places I would be happy to live in.

Less stressed out than most places here with a population much lower than the UK so plenty of space for everyone.

Not very close to anywhere unlike the UK where europe in on the doorstep so travel to other countries would be more expensive than here.

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

We're seriously considering Iceland (the Nordic island) once the youngest has left school...
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Iceland is a place I have considered, not liking the heat, somewhere like Iceland would be ideal for me. I think you need to show proof that you can support yourself, think your meant to have just over 1k a month.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@7up wrote:

@Steve wrote:

I am pretty fed up with how this country is being run to be honest, i don't blame anyone for leaving the country to live elsewhere. If I could, i would. UK has become a joke.

So why have you been supporting fish face so much then?

Move down here to England Cool smiley

Think I will take my chances up here for a little while yet. Coming down to England would bring me closer to WM which would be defeating the objective. While the Gov of UK keeps our men ( and women ) working overtime they don't have much of a chance to sit down and actually see what is going on around them, of course the Great British Bake Off on the BBC does not help. Independence for Scotland soon or you will be getting a postcard from me from somewhere far away form these islands.

Community Veteran

surely moving to north korea would be better than moving to england.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If your ultimate aim was suicide then yes that would be a good choice.

Community Veteran

indeed, moving to england would be a good choice for that.
Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

@DaveyH  Iceland is a member of the EEA so you have the same right to live there as you have in any of the other member states, and with 3.63% of the population being Polish it would seem that many have got there before you.  There might be exemptions regarding benefits for non-working immigrants but otherwise you should be entitled to the same as the locals.  With a population about the same as a couple of London boroughs combined, you will be increasing the population by quite a bit.  And don't forget you get free hot water courtesy of the geysirs, but generally prices are quite high I understand.

On the negative side, the largest vulcano is long overdue a massive eruption, and the whole island might one day blow up.  According to the Wikipedia entry on Iceland, the average maximum temperature in Reykjavik in July (the warmest month) was 13.3C between 1961 and 1990 so no need to worry about sun blocker or heat stroke.  At the other end of the scale, the average minimum temperature in January was only -3C so the country is hardly worthy of its name when compared to its Nordic neighbours.

Send us a postcard!