cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever see an end to council / local authority rebellions?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Will we ever see an end to council / local authority rebellions?

I'm sure you've all heard of the christian girl placed with a Muslim family by now. It's been covered by several media outlets.

What i've noticed now for several years is that many councils seem to purposely do stupid / wrong / unjustifiable things which will drag them into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. This can not be an accident - that local authorities have become so stupid.

What i've noticed several times is that many of the authorities that do this are often led by the opposition - thus these incidents then happen "under the government" who are then made to be the ultimate scapegoat for the whole sorry saga.

Do you think we'll ever seen an end to this sorry [-Censored-]-for-tat saga of opposition councils being awkward to their own people for political points? 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
61 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Will we ever see an end to council / local authority rebellions?

There's always rows about the allocation of council houses. That the local home population must be put before the immigrant population. I believe this was agreed though already obvious to everyone else.

But every other day I walk past a large sign referring to council flat upgrades. The main part of it taken up by a pretty blond woman of clearly eastern European origin.

I hope the council are putting more thought into the cladding they are using on the flats.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

As to the trigger for the thread, may be things are not as the media want to make a particular incident of wider import than it deserves. I found this of a Muslim lady, who fosters children of any ethnicity or religion.

Will silly stupid things stop. No! there have been ccko oops ever since Adam saw Eve.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Might have been interesting to see the press coverage if a Muslim child was forced to eat pork sausages by a white ethnic family!!

Anonymous
N/A

Luzern wrote:

As to the trigger for your thread, may be things are not as the media want

Sadly much of the press, like many members  of this forum, is only too happy to stir up hatred against muslims, immigrants, foreigners or any other group which, to their narrow minds, appear to be 'different'.
Luzern
Pro

More on the story; interesting! I doubt that kid has had much Christian influence on her life so far. I hate to say it, being a Christian. May be living with a family that had standards or morals could be to her benefit.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

wisty wrote:

Might have been interesting to see the press coverage if a Muslim child was forced to eat pork sausages by a white ethnic family!!

In reality a Muslim child probably wouldn't be placed with a White family - remember we're very good at observing other faiths beliefs but not our own - as shown in this specific case.

notinmyname wrote:

Luzern wrote:

Sadly much of the press, like many members  of this forum, is only too happy to stir up hatred against muslims, immigrants, foreigners or any other group which, to their narrow minds, appear to be 'different'.

I'm not trying to stir up any hatred towards muslims. Where did I say ANYTHING bad about them? It was merely used as an example of how an authority made a totally stupid decision. I used it because it's probably the one story you've all heard about as it's been all over the news in many media outlets and not just the dailymail.

If either of you want to accuse me of trying to stir up racial hatred then you need to cease and desist. Some of you have accused me of being anti-foreigners previously. You want to know why the moderating team have never taken action against me over your accusations? My partner is a foreigner and they (or at least Mav) are aware of this. It would be a bit stupid to accuse me of racism when i have a foreign partner who I have a child with. Incidentally my partner is of a controversial faith before you try that one. Still now you have forced me to explain that to you, I shall consider my options against yourselves. You've absolutely no right to know anything about my partner or child but you've deliberately forced my hand and decided to accuse me of being racist and stirring up hatred.

If mentioning the name of a religion is attempting to incite racial hatred, then you have just done the very same @notinmyname and you also used the words "hate" and "against".

Now if you've finished being deliberately nasty and making aggressive accusations, perhaps we can return to the actual issue of local authorities that are deliberately difficult?

Anonymous
N/A

@7up

I haven't accused YOU of anything. 

Community Veteran

Well luzern was clearly trying to say something and then you chimed in with your comment about members of the forum.. You have to see how that looks.
Luzern
Pro

7up wrote:

wisty wrote:

In reality a Muslim child probably wouldn't be placed with a White family - remember we're very good at observing other faiths beliefs but not our own - as shown in this specific case.

notinmyname wrote:

Luzern wrote:

I'm not trying to stir up any hatred towards muslims. Where did I say ANYTHING bad about them? It was merely used as an example of how an authority made a totally stupid decision. I used it because it's probably the one story you've all heard about as it's been all over the news in many media outlets and not just the dailymail.

If either of you want to accuse me of trying to stir up racial hatred then you need to cease and desist. Some of you have accused me of being anti-foreigners previously. You want to know why the moderating team have never taken action against me over your accusations? My partner is a foreigner and they (or at least Mav) are aware of this. It would be a bit stupid to accuse me of racism when i have a foreign partner who I have a child with. Incidentally my partner is of a controversial faith before you try that one. Still now you have forced me to explain that to you, I shall consider my options against yourselves. You've absolutely no right to know anything about my partner or child but you've deliberately forced my hand and decided to accuse me of being racist and stirring up hatred.

If mentioning the name of a religion is attempting to incite racial hatred, then you have just done the very same @notinmyname and you also used the words "hate" and "against".

Now if you've finished being deliberately nasty and making aggressive accusations, perhaps we can return to the actual issue of local authorities that are deliberately difficult?

Kindly take note that only the words in colour are what I wrote. They contain no words of condemnation or criticism of persons of other ethnicities or reliogions. @7up if you intended to include me in your request to cease and desist, I have already accepted your aplogies, whther offred or not.

Community Veteran

"As to the trigger for your thread"

So you did directly put me in the spotlight. Initially i thought nothing of it until @notinmyname started to harp on about racism and "many members of this forum". I've been put in the spotlight, that has then been quoted and accusations of racism have been put forward. If it were you in that position you'd probably feel you were being accused too.

I offer you no apologies at all @Luzern You didn't have to put me in the spotlight like that. There was no racist intent at all, I posted one line about an issue that came to light as an example and then got on with the real beef I had - which spanned two paragraphs.

How anyone can take issue with that and then expect me to apologise is beyond me quite frankly. The thread did not really need derailing into religion, it was about councils being as difficult as possible deliberately to score political points even if it destroys other peoples lives. Sadly that debate has now been destroyed.

If a mod would kindly lock this thread..it's pointless trying to continue with it now.

Fixes: 121

Moderator's note:

Commenting on @7up's message #7; irrespective of what a moderator may or may not know about any member all breaches of the Forum Rules are dealt with impartially.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Unfortunately once again @notinmyname  is here being antagonistic

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

someone's paranoia was clearly in overdrive last night it seems.
or were my previous thoughts about a certain someone posting content that is deliberately provactive to get an adverse reaction looking more and more close to the bone?

back to the old "should the topic of anything political be banned (or just can the general chat completely) on here" as it clearly is being used, by some, as a "lets throw a grenade and watch the damage it causes"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

rongtw wrote:

Unfortunately once again @notinmyname  is here being antagonistic

i don't see any evidence of that in this thread.