cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this criminal come to a sticky end?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Will this criminal come to a sticky end?

A BBC report on Maple syrup criminals.  I didn't know there's a cartel. No wonder it is so expensive.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Will this criminal come to a sticky end?

She's right it seems more like some sort of government sanctioned Mafia.
And I have to agree that it is way over priced.
Fixes: 121

Agreed, very overpriced but goes extremely well on the pancakes Mrs Mav makes along with yoghurt, cream and bananas Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Pancakes with raspberries are my favourite.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I've got some McDonalds ketchup in the car if anyone wants them? - Yours for 50p each... no questions asked.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've not bought maple syrup for over 10 years, too pricey, and learning of this earlier today, I don't want to buy it if that's how the syrup makers are treated, absolutely disgusting...
Fixes: 101

I prefer golden syrup on pancakes and waffles..
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't like either as toppings personally but the rest of the household like them and we frequently purchase stock when its got a heavily reduced price, I think last time I got 3 litres of it for the price of a standard 150g bottle (local shop getting rid of stock they hand sold for several months) since it keeps for years they can use it until it runs out.
this industry isn't the first one that's inadvertently shot itself in the foot by electing to create the mafia and then being beholden to it several years down the line when they had no idea things would end up in such a dire way, just look at the way supermarket supply companies do business over here forcing famers to leave miles and miles of unselected goods to rot in the fields .... at least this Canadian mob store the excess for future years when it will be needed, of course charging a fee on both sides of every deal is a bit steep normally brokers only charge one side a % cut and the other side gets a fixed levy equivalent to the bulk cost of what goes to storage ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you