Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the forum still be here?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Will the forum still be here?

Plusnet have axed the ticket system.... the phone lines are terrible, and now they have axed LIVE CHAT,

in it`s place, for the disabled customers, they have been told they must use the BT thing called NGT, which is NOT SUPPORTED FULLY by PLUSNET... any problems and you have to contact NGT for assistance.

Customer service has gone downhill FAST... it is now almost non existant, unless you have a twitface account.

or can manage to raise some kind of customer help, from the customers on the forum boards... and MAYBE someone form the Customer service department will be notified of your thread and jump in and help ..

SO... Is the forum & the boards, the next thing to go, before BT finally take complete control of Plus Net

@smiffy1  alerted me to this forthcoming event in his post  here....

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/The-cracks-are-showing/m-p/1711837#M85871

from the link smiffy1 provided.....

On 28 July 2017, BT announced organisational changes to "simplify its operating model, strengthen accountabilities and accelerate its transformation" and involves bringing together its BT Consumer and EE divisions into

a new unified BT Consumer division that will operate across three brands –

BT, EE and Plusnet.[9][10][11][12]

It will take effect from 1 April 2018.[2]

My bold and line splitting for ease of reading....

From the Plusnet page on Wiki  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plusnet

In November 2019, Andy Baker stepped down as CEO of Plusnet and

in 2020 Plusnet staff will be transferred to BT Consumer contracts.[3]

So... If you were thinking about changing suppliers.... maybe.... and you have a .plusnet.com email address, you may want to consider changing your email address, and alerting all those who have it as a contact me address on their sites..

42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Will the forum still be here?

I foresore this coming moons ago. Infact I think it's about 12 years roughly.. I remember speaking with James_H (whatever happened to him?) on the phone once and saying i didn't like the BT buyout and he replied saying it was a foregone conclusion it was going to go ahead.

What does surprise me is that it's taken so long for BT to assimilate plusnet - I though it would have happened at about the 5 year mark but instead it's actually taken a lot longer - over a decade.

I think you are right though shutter, I do see this forum being closed at some point. I find myself thinking that we should setup another forum for PN members to stay in touch - but i have no idea who'd do it, how popular it would be etc.

It'll be a shame if it does go..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Fixes: 882

Bit behind the times there @shutter  - this was discussed way back here https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/BT-Merge-Plusnet-from-1st-April/m-p/1512975

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@dvorak 

Yeah.... but..... " the hour of doom .... is nigh !  "

And .... as I pointed out... in this "reminder"   there has been a very sneaky, slowly, slowly, approach to the  disintegration of customer services..  

is this a way of grinding people down slowly, to get them to graduallyget used to, and  accept,  a lower standard, when the actual date arrives ? ? ?

( i did respond to that thread also.... someone suggested he would be leaving... I offered to share a taxi with them) ... dunno if they are still here though ! ! !... )

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@7up wrote:

I think you are right though shutter, I do see this forum being closed at some point. I find myself thinking that we should setup another forum for PN members to stay in touch - but i have no idea who'd do it, how popular it would be etc.

It'll be a shame if it does go..

Here`s a WIKI link.... 

https://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Forum

not sure how it is all done though..... bit of a foggy area for me !

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

@shutter Not being funny, but this 'story' resurected by @smiffy1 , is as @dvorak points out, two years old, and apart from the subtle but obvious creeping influence of the 'dead hand of BT', we're still here.

I think a number of our contributors are suffering the 'Winter Blues'😉

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@shutter 

As far as I can see, you have battled for some time to get Plusnet to respond appropriately to the needs of those with hearing loss, but to no avail. I can't help wondering why, after all this time, you are still a customer of this company.

It really isn't difficult to change your isp, and there are some who seem to cater rather better for customers with hearing loss. Sky, for example, have a dedicated accessibility team as a 'one stop shop' for contacting them: https://accessibility.sky.com

Perhaps it is time (or way past time) to take the leap to a new provider?

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@rEUnite  it is of none of oour business as  to why I am still here.. 

However... as a Europhile,.... why you are still here..?.  you should have packed your bags ages ago. 

and to take your own advice.....  Perhaps it is time (or way past time) to take the leap to a new provider?

( for provider read.... "any other country in the EU"  that will welcome you with open arms)

This thread is about the possible loss of the forum and the boards therein.... it is not a revamp of the disability thread.

Many people have joined this forum since the initial mention of the BT takeover...do not know about it,  and now that the "completion" date is fast approaching... it is a "timely reminder" ...

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

[Post deleted - there is no suitable response to someone who is so nasty to a member who was simply trying to help]

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I wonder if BT'll change Plusnet's logo to align with their current, *ahem*, "design"? 🤔

Actually, give me two minutes in MSPaint .................. 😁

There, done!!! 🤣

© twocvbloke 2020© twocvbloke 2020

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

@rEUnite 

I admire your restraint. 

@shutter 

The lack of friendliness from many individuals on these forums, particularly those who regularly contribute to the General chat board, is more likely to result in shutting down the forum than any influence from BT

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Hero

@twocvbloke I appreciate your post was in jest, but why should they need to? My mobile phone provider (Smarty) is the 'cheap' 'Three', but you wouldn't know it.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@rEUnite wrote:

[Post deleted - there is no suitable response to someone who is so nasty to a member who was simply trying to help]

@rEUnite 

AFAICS you were advising @shutter against flogging a dead horse, but isn't that particular objective your purpose in life, as demonstrated in most of the other threads you have started/participated in since you 'rolled away the stone'?  Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@shutter wrote:

@rEUnite  it is of none of oour business as  to why I am still here.. 

However... as a Europhile,.... why you are still here..?.  you should have packed your bags ages ago. 

and to take your own advice.....  Perhaps it is time (or way past time) to take the leap to a new provider?

( for provider read.... "any other country in the EU"  that will welcome you with open arms)

This thread is about the possible loss of the forum and the boards therein.... it is not a revamp of the disability thread.

Many people have joined this forum since the initial mention of the BT takeover...do not know about it,  and now that the "completion" date is fast approaching... it is a "timely reminder" ...

@shutter Are you promulgating an official Community Forum policy that all posts should conform to being anti EU and that members who do not agree should be expelled?

Just curious!🤔

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Hero

@Luzern I don't think that is what @shutter is proposing at all - his reply was to a member who, for whatever reason, is a bit of a one-trick pony, and determined to wind people up.

John