cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I really have to pay to walk?

Fixes: 121

Will I really have to pay to walk?

According to the Stagecoach website I will have to discuss how much I need to pay to walk to the next village (about a mile away)Cheesy

Capture.JPG

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Will I really have to pay to walk?

Blimey thats terrible but then these days nothing would surprise me!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ah, so they're trialling the new Footpath Tax, sorry, "Footpath Fund Licence", in your area then? I was wondering when that'd start... Funny

What if I set out at 18:27 or 18:29Undecided

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 206

That’d be in violation with the Stagecoach rules and a surcharge would be applied I imagine... Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Am I missing the bus here? What;s a bus got to do with walking? If you're about the fares, the £4 could be a morning peak premium. Which local part of Stagecoach?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Using the journey planner different stages of the journey are listed. If one puts in a post code it tells you that the first stage is to walk to a bus/tram stop. It does this by using the symbol of a person walking. Other stages are shown with symbols for buses or trams.

The example shown above is for a journey entirely on foot for which one has to ask a bus driver the cost.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/plan-a-journey

Fixes: 47

Slightly OT

Until recently I hadn't questioned the meaning of the word 'stagecoach', just accepting it as the name of a horse drawn means of passenger transportation that I'd known about from childhood as seen in westerns on a Saturday morning at the flicks.

Now I know the 'stage' bit refers to the 60 odd miles it travelled in one day in it's journey from one town to another.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

@Strat

We'll allow the slight OT as it is General ChatCheesy

I always thought the same. Never knew stage was a measure of distance. Then again it makes sense as we can do things in 'stages' which can often include distances.

Community Veteran

Has your emissions control during walking been properly tested and certified?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

@AlaricAdair

Now that's a very personal questionCheesy

St3
All Star

stop moaning and use ya legs you lazy git Smiley

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Before the introduction of fare zones, and then flat fares, bus fares in London used to be based on Fare Stages. Certain Bus Stops were marked as the boundaries between Fare Stages. Fares charged were based on the number of stages travelled. I assume this principle still applies in places without fare zones / flat fares.

I remember the London fare stages. I seem to recall that the relevant stops had the words 'Fare Stage' printed on them somewhere.

Luzern
Pro

In the LT area .I well remember the fare charts, about 18" x 12", that were in frame usually on the side seats opposite the platform. One route sometimes used a a lad with parents allowed one to transfer to another route for a short additional ride for 1 old penny.

For ages the stages and prices were the same, until some time in the late forties they bloomed, so that nearly every lamp post became a stage. IIRC that didn't last long.

Now it's crude, more and more cashless; my local group operator even accepts payment by contactless cards, Thhat's very handy on the town circular for anyone with only £20 for a £1.70 fare.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.