cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will BT Retail FTTC prices rise?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Will BT Retail FTTC prices rise?

Does this mean that "BT Retail" FTTC prices will need to rise, or they will have to charge for BT Sport ?Huh
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Will BT Retail FTTC prices rise?

if so, surely SKY and TT will have to too as they give discounts for taking TV packages as well?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

In my perfect world connection providers would provide connections and content providers would provide content. But both Sky and BT are playing the monopoly game taking over delivery technology then marketing it as content. But Plusnet et al need BTs technology. Let's hope Ofcom get it right and for once I agree with the EU  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: PeterLoftus
In my perfect world connection providers would provide connections and content providers would provide content

If only.
And separate broadband from phone without one subsiding the other.
sjptd
Grafter

And separate broadband from phone without one subsiding the other.  That's more difficult.  They would have to separate broadband, phone and line as both phone and broadband are dependent on line.  The cost of providing the phone would be almost zero.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: dvorak
if so, surely SKY and TT will have to too...

Sky TV customers to be hit with price hikes
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2015/03/sky-tv-customers-to-be-hit-with-price-hikes
Fixes: 105

they're not tied to bb / phone package, I'd expect a further rise.
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

love that companies like talk talk complain about unfair market conditions they are one of the largest isp/paytv/mobile companies and there only real problem is they cant bill people correctly so have fines and refunds to pay, then cry that BT charges the same flat rate to everyone because they want a chance to buy out the infrastructure on the cheap before BT has a chance to recoup the investment costs.....
things would probably cost a lot less if BT were in charge of every phone line directly (and thus responsible for the line quality to the consumers not some 3rd party), before LLU happened I never had problems with dodgy connections but ever since there have been problems
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you