cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi and health

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

WiFi and health

Can wifi be detremental to your health ? A number of people claim wifi and various other electronic waves are effecting their health.
Claims were also made a few weeks ago that thousands of people had Lyme disease and blood test carried out were showing false negatives.
So what is going on, are some people thinking that because they have x and y symptoms and someone else with the same or similar symptoms are claiming they got better by removing the cause so therefore that must be the cause.
Must admit I have an open mind on this issue and accept that some people may be more vulnerable to these things than others.
What do you think ?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: WiFi and health

I would tend to think that a lot of it is psychosomatic. But some people feel depressed during the winter months due to a lack of light. Maybe there is something to it, but will we ever find out!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

how many of the people tested had cupboard full of tinfoil in head shaped pieces i wonder.
i wonder how many would still claim to be affected if you told them WIFI was installed, but in fact it wasn't.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

WiFi is an essential part of the Government's plan to inject identity tracking chips in every schoolchild under the age of 8. This avoids having to fingerprint them for school meals and attendance records. Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

@AlaricAdair,
No need you can hear children miles away, impossible for them to keep quiet even for a few minutes as most parents will confirm.
Smiley
@chenks76,
I would imagine this is not a difficult experiment to carry out and bet some psychologists have already done it.
Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: chenks76
cupboard full of tinfoil in head shaped pieces

You seem to be the expert on this.
Care to share some tips on making them and favourite designs.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

how many of the people tested had cupboard full of tinfoil in head shaped pieces i wonder.
i wonder how many would still claim to be affected if you told them WIFI was installed, but in fact it wasn't.

don't you know metal sieves are much better at keeping the cia out of your head ?
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: billnotben
You seem to be the expert on this.
Care to share some tips on making them and favourite designs.

you're attempted snipe doesn't really work when you selectively quote, and miss out the preceding words.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

In fairness to you thats a very good point.. and i suspect a large number would still claim to be affected - purely because there are so many wifi networks around them anyway from neighbours etc. But if you could get them all to live in the middle of nowhere for a month or two and test them... it would be interesting to see the results.
I don't feel anything from wifi.. but I do worry about the effects it may be causing that we cannot see. In the early 19th century people would say smoking was good for you - being completely unaware of the invisible damage it was doing to them.
Flocks of birds have been known to fall out of the sky in the early years of radar too - again because nobody knew about the unknown threat (this has also happened recently with them flying through the reflected sunlight at solar power stations where the light is collected in a central tower).
Do I even like wifi? Yes. I love it, it's a great and very handy technology just like 3G... but I also see it as a threat to human health. Thats something I don't say lightly either as a fan of the convenience that wifi brings.
I studied electronics many moons ago and one of the tutors was telling us about a case in london where the local hospital kept getting cancer cases from the same tower block of flats. When infestigated there was a huge trunk of cabling running up inside the tower right next to a lot of bedrooms where people were sleeping. This was apparently then broken up and moved around to lessen the EM field... and the cancer rates dropped.
How true that story is I've no idea and I wouldn't even know if it could be found on google at all but the source was a man very experienced in his field and he was a very big fan of all things technical - but even he had concerns about EM and the harm it could do. That is something i've never managed to forget.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I also recall that in certain parts of the country there were clusters of a specific form of cancer, this was put down to a variety of causes but it was eventually shown that it was due to higher levels of radiation from the type of rock in that area.
Some countries also avoid building houses under or near overhead power lines, that might tie in with 7up's post re the hospital cable.
Community Veteran

not that many years ago doctors were adamant that myocardial encepalopathy (me) was all in the mind, especially since most of those who presented were women.
there will be phonies, but i'd keep an open mind that some are genuine and can feel something.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
building houses under or near overhead power lines

A few years back a day didn't go by without something about that being in the news. Now it's seems it's hardly ever mentioned.
I remember a news snippet where people were parading under the power lines at night all holding glowing fluorescent tubes.

selectively quote, and miss out the preceding words

The quote was totally irrelevant.
The point was, as you were the one bringing out the tinfoil again, I was hoping you might grace the forum with your expertise.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

What's next? Bananas and Brazil nuts being banned for being radioactive?  Grin
(after all, couple 'nanas and a pocketful of brazil nuts will set off the radiation leak alarms in a nuke station... Grin )
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: billnotben
I remember a news snippet where people were parading under the power lines at night all holding glowing fluorescent tubes.

There's a voltage gradient between a high voltage line and earth, sufficient to illuminate a long fluorescent tube.

Community Veteran

So it could be an advantage to build directly under power lines...................Free lighting !
Cheesy