cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why?

Fixes: 121

Why?

Just another thread to 'vent our spleens'  for those things that simply irritate us for no good reason Cheesy
To start, why do so many receptionists, etc, ask for our names before transferring us through but never actualy pass that information so we have to announce ourselves again?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

67 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Why?

I always make a point of telling the person who asks again to go back to the first person who transferred me to get all the information I've already given - adding that I'm happy to wait a moment while they do that.  Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Why do people post threads with non descriptive titles
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
Just another thread to 'vent our spleens'  for those things that simply irritate us for no good reason Cheesy
To start, why do so many receptionists, etc, ask for our names before transferring us through but never actualy pass that information so we have to announce ourselves again?

Probably to check who they are speaking with for security reasons and maybe they don't get straight through to their colleague.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

No, they're just lazy, the same as the people who put the lavatory tissue (bog roll) in the holder with the end hanging at the back instead of the front!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
All4One
Grafter

This makes me incredibly mad. How can you grab some if it's facing/touching the wall. Also, leaving the toothpaste lid off.
dick:quote
James
Grafter

Also, leaving the toothpaste lid off.

Not squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The simple solution to both of the above problems is have your own tube of toothpaste and put the bog roll on yourself. Problem Solved !! Smiley
The thing that irritates me is someone who fill a cup of tea or coffee up to the brim and then proceeds to spill some on the floor as they carry it off !
James
Grafter

Having your own tube of toothpaste doesn't stop it being used by someone else Wink

It does if you hide it Cool

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

All4One
Grafter

I'm guilty for that one for the first month's usage Cheesy
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
The simple solution to both of the above problems is have your own tube of toothpaste and put the bog roll on yourself. Problem Solved !! Smiley
The thing that irritates me is someone who fill a cup of tea or coffee up to the brim and then proceeds to spill some on the floor as they carry it off !

I can put the bog roll on myself, but someone will just flip it back and then I'll flip it.
Razer
Grafter

Cut their hands off. They won't do it again.

Quote from: All4One
I can put the bog roll on myself,

And why would you do that  Shocked Undecided

James
Grafter

And why would you do that

Maybe they are a mummy.
Ho ho!