cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Why ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796200/Terrifying-dashcam-footage-shows-car-crashing-line-t...

One has to ask the question.... Why?   several times here..

1.  Why did the car in the back of the "queue" suddenly take off and change lanes in front of the White Van Man?

2. Why did the car with the camera travel so far along the "outside" of the queue, before, seemingly, slowing down, when it hit the third car?

3. Why did the "uploader"... (presumably the dash cam owner) see fit to post it  on the net  ?

13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Why ?

Going too fast and didn't notice the traffic ahead had stopped?  The cars had flashing hazard lights.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

If I have to stop in traffic on a motorway I always put on my hazards until another vehicle has stopped behind me.

The driver of the car that the camera car was following wasn't paying attention to the traffic ahead.

The white van man was lucky also.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

It was his fault !  he was going to Fast didnt see the cars , so he trying to blame white van man

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I think there are far more pressing questions here... like:

Why is the daily mail taking other peoples video, putting it on their own website and then selling advertising on it?

Why does the flaming video then stop playing after 1 second forcing you to refresh and watch another flaming advert?

Oh yes and did the DM have permission from the driver of the grey car to publish his fully identifable face to thousands of people? (somehow I doubt it)

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

Lets combine them all and ask why anybody would want to read that rag. Having said that, the Guardian gets right up my nose these days over Brexit. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

The camera was looking ahead but the driver was looking at the van.

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Lets combine them all and ask why anybody would want to read that rag. 

What else is there?

The guardian... too stiff upper lip

The Telegraph... the paper of bankers.. and i'm sure you might substitute that with a similar word.

The Sun... for the chavs and gossips

The Daily Mail... right bang smack in the middle trying to please everyone with a bit of everything.

Doesn't take much to work out why its pretty popular really does it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

Not my cup of tea, but the Daily Mail is certainly 'popular'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation

And the Guardian "to stiff upper lip"?  Blimey O'Reilly. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Have to say I haven't been a banker or the other for several years, and I don't always agree with it, yet for me the Telegraph is my preferred reading. It seems to have a knack of correct anticipation of future events and decisions.

I admit that's just my take!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

True or not, but I was told that if you really wanted to know what was going on in the world, read papers like the Financial Times. Unfortunately they are far too heavyweight for my old brain! 

Community Veteran

Odd no one has mentioned the, 'Times'.

Not that I buy it as it would take me all day to read it and end up forgetting most of what I have read.

Community Veteran

Luzern wrote:

Have to say I haven't been a banker or the other for several years, and I don't always agree with it, yet for me the Telegraph is my preferred reading. It seems to have a knack of correct anticipation of future events and decisions.

I admit that's just my take!

You mean like what would happen if we voted for Britexit.

Grin

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ha ha!

But no one gets it right all the time, but in general the Telegraph seems to. As to Brexit ( and why is it Britexit now?), whatever side a person took, the future outcome of negotiations and our nation's future abilities will validate the decision to leave or not. Though a remainer, I do hope sincerely, we can make a go of it.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.