Did you mean: 

Why we should care about CCTV operators

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why we should care about CCTV operators

Hi All
Just seen this: Girl Falls Into Mall Fountain While Texting
How did the security guard get a camera in to the security room?
That is what I want to know!  Huh
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Why we should care about CCTV operators

Direct link;
http://tv.gawker.com/5733870/girl-falls-into-mall-fountain-while-texting
Gary
Any chance of posting direct links, or are you just looking for traffic on your forum.
Community Veteran

Thanks 565 for the link.  
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: 565
Gary
Any chance of posting direct links, or are you just looking for traffic on your forum.

I agree.
I was about to comment on your DHEA forum not even linking to the article until I realise the bit which normally says "Quote by so-and-so.." was actually the title and link. I must be going blind..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: 565

I do post direct links most of the time, as a Dyslexic plus having Dispraksia and arthritis to boot, to save time I may post on one of menny forums then post a link to that forum, in the past I have posted a link to this forum.
As to "are you just looking for traffic on your forum" That is a big No
Sorry that I did not get back to yous lot before now, I am in the middle of transferring my VHS Tapes to DVD, I am up to 80 out of 800, so I will not be around much.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Midnight

Sorry that I did not get back to yous lot before now, I am in the middle of transferring my VHS Tapes to DVD, I am up to 80 out of 800, so I will not be around much.

Big job you've got there Gary.  Something I have to do when I get round to it.  How are you doing it?
Fixes: 47

I'm also interested.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

to save time I may post on one of menny forums then post a link to that forum

I don't get it, why can't you just post the following to all the other forums then?
Original Article

I still don't see how posting a link to your forum saves time when you could post the link to the original article by just copying and pasting a bbcode url.
It doesn't really bother me whatever you decide to do but people here are convinced you're trying to gain traffic and when you say you're trying to save time it doesn't actually look like you really are saving any time at all.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

started transferring some of my VHS a while back, got a lot of long play takes and they take up two DVD per tape
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: artmo
Big job you've got there Gary.  Something I have to do when I get round to it.  How are you doing it?

I am using a combined vhs and dvd recorder to do it with, it is a Daewoo
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: okrzynska
I still don't see how posting a link to your forum saves time when you could post the link to the original article by just copying and pasting a bbcode url.
It doesn't really bother me whatever you decide to do but people here are convinced you're trying to gain traffic and when you say you're trying to save time it doesn't actually look like you really are saving any time at all.

If you had looked you would have seen that I posted a comment on my forum that I did not post on here, woops I just checked and I did post the comment on here.   Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Heard on the news tonight that the girl is trying to sue the security guard's for taking a long time to check if she was OK
Community Veteran

Quote from: okrzynska

If you had looked you would have seen that I posted a comment on my forum that I did not post on here, woops I just checked and I did post the comment on here.   Embarrassed

Actually I did look.
Even so you could still just copy and paste the entire text (including the bbcode urls) from your forum onto multiple forums and you know I am correct.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

more on the original story tonight
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/rorycellanjones/2011/01/pratfalls_on_cctv_public_prope.html
Now I am not sure what the legal situation is in the United States, but a call to Britain's data protection regulator revealed that anyone who did something similar with CCTV footage here could be in deep trouble. The Information Commissioner's office told me that it's fine to release images to the police but "it would not be appropriate to disclose them to the media or put them on the internet for entertainment purposes."
alanf
Aspiring Pro

It is reported that a mall security staff member was sacked for posting the video online.  She complained that no one came to her aid but the video showed that she was up and out of the fountain very quickly so it was clear that she hadn't suffered serious injury. I suppose a towel would have been welcome!
The victim had other reasons for not wanting to become famous.