Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why people voted for Brexit

Jonpe
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 8

Re: Why people voted for Brexit

Or the message boards will remain but you are only allowed to say nice things and the emoticons will include pretty flowers.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Luzern

"What is well educated?"

Well the first three you mention certainly, but not the fourth. We must also remember not to confuse education with intelligence - my Mrs thinks I'm as daft as a brush at times.... but I put that down to my homemade brambleberry wine!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

There's a lot of people out there without the certificates and paperwork to show they're intelligent, but there's also people with such paperwork who, frankly, are thick as pigmuck, and it's a sad fact that the latter end up in places of power, power to do a lot of damage through their stupidity, but it's okay apparently, they're qualified to do so... Crazy2

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

It would be ironic if the EU got into such a state over the coming years that it was scrapped in favour of a true common market where any country could join or leave without penalty and it existed for the single purpose of trading goods and nothing else, no dictating to any country they must follow a range of rules and regulations, no paying in of large sums of money which a central body would be deciding how it was spent.

Every chance we might opt in to such a market, the kind of thing we thought we were joining in the first place.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Just history repeating itself, only now we saw it coming. The 10th of July 1940 anyone? 

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

@twocvbloke wrote:

There's a lot of people out there without the certificates and paperwork to show they're intelligent, but there's also people with such paperwork who, frankly, are thick as pigmuck, and it's a sad fact that the latter end up in places of power, power to do a lot of damage through their stupidity, but it's okay apparently, they're qualified to do so... Crazy2

Yep! I won't reveal which I am!Crazy3

There are those who know all the rules, but cannot apply them sensibly, or when not to apply, balance regulation against situation. They make good jobsworths!Roll eyes

My wife had an uncle, who had meningitis in the old days. Because of it he never went to school, and lurched around like in a force 9 gale. Nonetheless he was a delight to meet and discuss with.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 8

@gleneagles  They are now saying that we'll have to pay huge sums in order to take part in information sharing with Europol and EU intelligence agencies.  Why don't we just pay for our police and intelligence agency (no-one else will after all) and they pay for theirs, and we share information via the normal secure channels?  Judging by the number of terrorist attacks, our intelligence services are better than the EU's anyway so the EU should be paying us, or have terrorists just decided to be nice and leave the UK alone?