Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Why does the chicken cross the road - give us £2,000,000 to find out

11 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Why does the chicken cross the road - give us £2,000,000 to find out

I think Bournemouth University researchers are getting weird. I had a survey about 'How much do you know about 'Five-a-day' - the 'guidance' about the fruit 'n' veg eating thing.
It went into the bin.
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shocked  Angry
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

What a complete waste of time and money Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

What fool decides to authorise the use of public funds for such a 'chickensh*t' project?
I have no objection if anyone wants to spend waste their own time and money on something like this.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 125

Some birdbrain Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Some birdbrain

Eggxactly.
Community Veteran

i literally rescued one once at the side of the road. Pulled up on the verge and there was a bit of a thump. Went back, scared the chicken back into the owners garden went back to the car and found the oil level needle a bit lower than normal. Didn't think much of it until a few minutes later.. pulled over in a layby and found oil dripping out of the sump - £200 to repair that and I missed my trip abroad ttwo days later as the garage c**ked up the repair and the car had to go back in again when the oil filter bracket fell off Cry
One lucky chicken lived to play chicken with the traffic again and cost me over £350 in the process  Embarrassed

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Sprite
i literally rescued one once at the side of the road. Pulled up on the verge and there was a bit of a thump. Went back, scared the chicken back into the owners garden went back to the car and found the oil level needle a bit lower than normal. Didn't think much of it until a few minutes later.. pulled over in a layby and found oil dripping out of the sump - £200 to repair that and I missed my trip abroad ttwo days later as the garage c**ked up the repair and the car had to go back in again when the oil filter bracket fell off Cry
One lucky chicken lived to play chicken with the traffic again and cost me over £350 in the process  Embarrassed

Similar event...
Driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee (It is relevant), along a local motorway, 70mph, just about to take a slip road off, a terrific bang, and a big white feathery object had flown into my windscreen, it seemed enormous.
Thankfully, the windscreen was undamaged, and due to the weight & size of my car, it didn't change direction.
And unbelievably, the bird just flew off !
Community Veteran

At least you managed to keep going, I got home by recovery truck  Cry
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes, thankfully it did not hit the radiator grill, otherwise it may have been a different matter, though I do have extra Bumper Bars fitted to the front.
They don't stick out much, really there to protect any pedestrians that wander into the road, without looking.
Or Chickens !!
Community Veteran

I used to take a regular country road route that never failed to get me something for my dinner. Usually a rabbit or pheasant with the occasional hare.
I did hit a pheasant once at fifty plus because I didn't have time to slow down. A pity as there was nothing left except a cloud of feathers.
Of course that was in a Morris 1000. I don't think it would be very cost effective doing that in a modern (soft) car.