cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it go so wrong ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Why does it go so wrong ?

The other week the RSPB were in the news for all the wrong reasons a number of these highlighted by Ian Bothem, a few months earlier  the RSPCA  were also in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Even the EU was initially a good idea with trading between different countries which most people would support but then it all goes wrong.
Why is it that these groups and organisations cannot stick to the fundamental principles which was their basic aim in the first place rather than ending up destroying or alienating the very people who supported it ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Why does it go so wrong ?

Not a clue.
Just yesterday my friend who attended the lewes bonfire was also saying about the national war museum. Apparently it's just had £35million spent on renovating it. Guess what? Apparently its now being closed down  Crazy
So there you have it.. don't ask for money from central government because you might just get your wish.. and the consequences that go with it. You may suddenly find you become too expensive to continue financing  Crazy
This is of course hear say.. i've not bothered looking it up myself to see if its true but the guy normally speaks sense and has links to Lord McAlpine etc.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I assume that you mean the Imperial War Museum where the closure is actually the library http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29966987
Regarding the original question
I believe that it is the consequence of a bunch of activists taking over the running and hijacking the original ideals to their own agenda
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
I assume that you mean the Imperial War Museum where the closure is actually the library http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29966987

Quite possibly as I said it came from someone else - chinese whispers and all that jazz..
Community Veteran

Don't quote Lord McAlpine - he's very litigious Grin
Community Veteran

My friend met him in railway circles. Apparently a nice guy who not only owns his own railway but also supports genuine smaller charities.