cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did they do it?

Fixes: 234

Why did they do it?

The BBC has released an updated version of the Generation Game to an unsuspecting public.

To say it was dire is an understatement.The hosts were appalling, the jokes flat and what were the 'guests' there for on the sofa? Even Jim Davidson's stint seemed excellent compared to that!

Made me laugh that the hosts and contestants wore safety glasses for the plate spinning. Something I don't remember seeing in the 70's and 80's. Maybe plates are more dangerous these daysRoll eyes

If this was an attempt to pay homage to Bruce Forsythe they failed, miserably.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
Fixes: 311

Re: Why did they do it?

Some days I’m glad we don’t watch much tv

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 19

@Mav wrote:

The BBC has released an updated version of the Generation Game to an unsuspecting public.

Made me laugh that the hosts and contestants wore safety glasses for the plate spinning.s:

Which..... when you think about it.... is plain stupid..... if a plate fell off the stick, it would fall on the floor, and the bits would be about ankle level,  so why were they not wearing steel toecap safety boots....  ?

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

There is a new series where people who can't sing have to prove it to a live audience, then they have singing lessons and come back still unable to sing!  What genius came up with that idea?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I suppose we are lucky.

If Keith Chegwin was still around it could have been re-vamped as the naked Generation Game.

Though that would have been miles better than this dire trash.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

They were certainly scraping the game show barrel that's for sure, and nothing like a half hearted second attempt to make you realise how good the originals were.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran

The BBC will eventually admit it was a serious error cancelling kids programme on the 4- 6pm slot on BBC One and replacing them with mindless adult "games" shows.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Think I read somewhere that only two were recorded.

I came into this about 10 minutes before it finished, while waiting for something else to begin.

I'm no fan of the screechingly loud Mel and supposedly intelligent Sue anyway. But I'm shocked that their agents allowed them to get into this drivel. Should be taken outside and shot.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@shutter Steel toe caps... Or builders helmets and hi-viz jackets.

H&S must have been asleep on the job.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Mayfly
Pro

I saw the trailer and clocked the eye goggles and decided then to give it a wide berth.

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

The new Blind Date isn't worth watching either.  When you've seen Naked Attraction you've seen it all (pun intended).  Maybe shows from the past are best left in the past, and on Youtube.